TROLL

MM

Perhaps we should move this thread to "Country Sports," as baiting Jocks and spanking scullery maids is a little off topic.

What else are we going to do on a wet Sunday? That reminds me , I've got to give the maid a quick rub down with the Shooting Times before tea, she's been getting a bit bolshy since she started mixing with those common beaters.....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we should move this thread to "Country Sports," as baiting Jocks and spanking scullery maids is a little off topic.

What else are we going to do on a wet Sunday? That reminds me , I've got to give the maid a quick rub down with the Shooting Times before tea, she's been getting a bit bolshy since she started mixing with those common beaters.....

Can I watch? Just like to see how's it done. I'm getting a bit Wet up here in East Anglia too.

Can I watch? Just like to see how's it done. I'm getting a bit Wet up here in East Anglia too.

No problem, we keep a couple of spares if you wish to participate. You'll have to bring your own Shooting Times though. Jeez, have we had some rain since last night? I've seen water in ditches today that I have never known to even be damp before.

No problem, we keep a couple of spares if you wish to participate. You'll have to bring your own Shooting Times though. Jeez, have we had some rain since last night? I've seen water in ditches today that I have never known to even be damp before.

No problem copy on hand.

As for the dampness I did'nt realize you were talking about the rain.

Is the spanking of scullery maids a one sided thing? Or might one ask ones scullery maid to return the favour.

Would this be becoming of a Gentleman or should one only indulge in such behaviour behind closed doors?

Lord Corholio:

I'm not sure.... but its all about fitting in. I went to our end of season shoot dinner last night- More forks than a gardeners shed.

I managed to get by though. We then played 'Pass the wench'

What happened next I cannot say.....

However there is full gun opportunites available for forthcoming season :rolleyes:

Is the spanking of scullery maids a one sided thing? Or might one ask ones scullery maid to return the favour.

Would this be becoming of a Gentleman or should one only indulge in such behaviour behind closed doors?

Lord Cornholio:

Not one sided at all old chap, does not the good book say "Turn the other cheek"? As for "would this be becoming of a gentleman", not sure where you are coming from there!

As for "would this be becoming of a gentleman", not sure where you are coming from there!

I say old boy. "chortle chortle snort" What are you insinuating. I merely meant, would it be gentleman-like to be caught with ones breeks down and a red handed scullery maid?

The ones last night were not red handed, but extremely competant in their use. :rolleyes::good::hmm:

As for "would this be becoming of a gentleman", not sure where you are coming from there!

I say old boy. "chortle chortle snort" What are you insinuating. I merely meant, would it be gentleman-like to be caught with ones breeks down and a red handed scullery maid?

Or indeed a red cheeked scullery maid :good::hmm:

:rolleyes: D2D

Returning to the original post on the thread started, I as a newcomer to this site I have noticed segregation towards a lot of members due to present members on here being somewhat cruel. The only thing I could possibly compare it to would be playground bullying!

It seems to me if you are not already in the club so to speak you have to win the trust of a choice few members otherwise any comments are shot down in flames the second it is posted.

I am simply offering my view in hope that the people reading this may question their motives and realise that not all of the population has the same intelect and social skills that some people possess, and for these reasons alone should not be cast to one side and labelled.

This is an educated view and I have come to this conclusion based on what I have read since becoming a member, a lot of the information posted on here has been very helpful, but it is becoming ever apparent that each entry has a spiteful twist behind it.

I hope in the near future the labelling and less intelligent posts aimed towards other members stop otherwise I for one will not be Using this forum in the future.

Returning to the original post on the thread started, I as a newcomer to this site I have noticed segregation towards a lot of members due to present members on here being somewhat cruel. The only thing I could possibly compare it to would be playground bullying!

It seems to me if you are not already in the club so to speak you have to win the trust of a choice few members otherwise any comments are shot down in flames the second it is posted.

I am simply offering my view in hope that the people reading this may question their motives and realise that not all of the population has the same intelect and social skills that some people possess, and for these reasons alone should not be cast to one side and labelled.

This is an educated view and I have come to this conclusion based on what I have read since becoming a member, a lot of the information posted on here has been very helpful, but it is becoming ever apparent that each entry has a spiteful twist behind it.

I hope in the near future the labelling and less intelligent posts aimed towards other members stop otherwise I for one will not be Using this forum in the future.

Hi Tink:

Welcome to the Watch:

Having skipped through your 11 posts, and having read the relpies, I can find no reason for you to question the members integrity regarding the treatment of newbies! :good:

Be a little prudent, and settle in, before crusading on other peoples behalf.

We do get our fair shair of Troll's here, and they are usually spotted quite quickly.

The Moderators here are proven to be 'on the ball'.

Relax, and enjoy my friend! :lol:

Pirate:

Tink,

I've just read your post and have spent the last 20 minutes or so trying to come up with some sort of explanation as to why some people may find this forum a bit clicky and full of bullies.

Firstly I would like to say the examples I use are not directed at you or any other member of this forum.

Why do people seperate forums and "the real world" so much? Imagine moving into a new community. You go to the local Pub to meet the locals. You have 3 different approaches open to you.

1. Barge in, brag about the size of your house and say "yes that is my Ferrari in the disabled spot"

2. Go in, shake everyones hand and buy the beer all night in the hope of making some new friends.

3. Visit regularly, try to join in with the general atmosphere, be friendly but don't take any nonsense from the local bully, equally don't bully the local idiot.

If you follow path 3. Then I'm sure after a few months you will be accepted regardless of race, education or social standing.

I joined the Clay Shooting community a year ago. I have since made a few friends and a lot of associates in this short time. I joined Pigeon Watch about 5 months ago, I have found nothing but helpful, informative and, above all, fun debating. As for bullying, I think you may be mis-reading banter between long standing members.

Having skipped through your 11 posts, and having read the relpies, I can find no reason for you to question the members integrity regarding the treatment of newbies!

This is exactly what I am refering to! I am labelled as a crusader for mentioning that bullying is going on within the site.

So as I dont have many posts I am not allowed to comment? am I less intelligent than yourself for posting less? if you had taken time to read what I had written you would understand that I was not refering to my own experience but to what I can see is what is going on.

Having read some of your posts I feel that you have little room to comment on what I have said, try and be more constructive and less argumentitive and you could help make this venue a more pleasant place. I dont want to get into exchanges of harse words.

Having skipped through your 11 posts, and having read the relpies, I can find no reason for you to question the members integrity regarding the treatment of newbies!

This is exactly what I am refering to! I am labelled as a crusader for mentioning that bullying is going on within the site.

So as I dont have many posts I am not allowed to comment? am I less intelligent than yourself for posting less? if you had taken time to read what I had written you would understand that I was not refering to my own experience but to what I can see is what is going on.

Having read some of your posts I feel that you have little room to comment on what I have said, try and be more constructive and less argumentitive and you could help make this venue a more pleasant place. I dont want to get into exchanges of harse words.

character0029.gif

Blimey!!! London Bridge pehaps?

Hi Tink, A lot of what people write can be read in differing ways, depending on the frame of mind of the person reading it.

One of the reasons smileys have developed in the forum arena is that few of us possess the writing skill needed to accurately convey our input in the way a book author would craft his words for example.

OOeck hark at me now - thats my cue to leave this thread because I don't have the skills needed to reply correctly :good:

That last sentence could be taken as sarcasm were it not for the embarrased smiley. :lol:

Well thankyou all for a friendly welcome and taking my comments on board in a friendly manner.

I was merely trying to bring to peoples attention what my perception was of what I can clearly see was going on. I have a group of friends who where looking forward to getting involved with the site and we where also in negotiation of offering a days shooting to the members up until the point where I was labelled a troll, well it has been an experience!

For peoples information I am not a troll and to let everyone know I will not be using this site in future.

Well thankyou all for a friendly welcome and taking my comments on board in a friendly manner.

I was merely trying to bring to peoples attention what my perception was of what I can clearly see was going on. I have a group of friends who where looking forward to getting involved with the site and we where also in negotiation of offering a days shooting to the members up until the point where I was labelled a troll, well it has been an experience!

For peoples information I am not a troll and to let everyone know I will not be using this site in future.

sad0049.gif

Tink

I have quickly scanned all of your posts and those of this thread, and can only conclude that you have decided for yourself that the descriptions given for a TROLL are applicable to yourself, as I can see no reference to anyone singling you out for any amount of harsh treatment.

For me, I would not have said that the cap suited, but if you feel that it fits, that's up to you!

webber

:good: As you are not going to be using this site, you won't be reading this, but had you considered the logistics of this days shooting for the members? There are 8,879 of us, that would have been some shoot! Shame we are going to miss it, it would have been nice to have met the other 8,878 guys, but, life goes on..... :lol: