TROLL

MM

For peoples information I am not a troll and to let everyone know I will not be using this site in future.

For you information. Even Trolls are welcome here so long as they are house trained and amusing. :good:

Too late Corners old chap, he's gone, oh well, back to the scullery maid.....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For peoples information I am not a troll and to let everyone know I will not be using this site in future.

Nice handling. Now lets keep this site the way it is- full of clicky single minded members with loads of shooting all to ourselves- oops should'nt of said that :good::lol::)

Bob300w,Great cornelio- lets get on down and sort these chamber maids out.

I have found a further two copies of the shooting times so I can have a couple of goes!!!!!!!

Too late Corners old chap, he's gone, oh well, back to the scullery maid.....

Too damn right old boy......Back to the Scullery Maid it is

Bloody Trolls I shall have the groundsman set some traps at once.

Seem to remember a great Uncle, Colonel Crapworthy, had a smoking jacket made from their pelts at one time, saved his life on one occasion, when he was scaling the north face of the cooks daughter.....

The question of the suspicion being cast on new members, especially those that may post what could be described as basic or controversial questions, has been discussed many times.

Moderators try to ensure that no bullying takes place and members are free to use the "Report" facility to draw the Moderators attention to any posts, or threads, where this appears to be happening.

Bullying will not be tolerated, nor will agressive posts responding to people that raise this issue.

Leave the Trolls to the Moderators.

Seem to remember a great Uncle, Colonel Crapworthy, had a smoking jacket made from their pelts at one time, saved his life on one occasion, when he was scaling the north face of the cooks daughter.....

Colonel Crapworthy, I knew him well. Loved the old port a little too much, but damn fine chap!

He should have jolly well known better than scaling the north face of the cooks daughter. At least not whilst Cook was in the room, I've seen her take out a pheasant at 60 yards with nothing more than a French Knife.

Hold up a minnit gents. ...........................

I'd like to hear more about the Troll Bu55ery ritual. :good::):lol:

Subtle clue; It involves lots of vaseline and the inability to ride your bike for a week,....errrr, no, just remembered, that was the Essex Mafia induction ritual. :good:

Colonel Crapworthy, I knew him well. Loved the old port a little too much, but damn fine chap!

He should have jolly well known better than scaling the north face of the cooks daughter. At least not whilst Cook was in the room, I've seen her take out a pheasant at 60 yards with nothing more than a French Knife.

:good: So you won't be surprised at what she took out of the Colonel with a filleting knife then, he didn't even wake up untill it was all over, he couldn't ride with the hunt for a month after!

Well thankyou all for a friendly welcome and taking my comments on board in a friendly manner.

I was merely trying to bring to peoples attention what my perception was of what I can clearly see was going on. I have a group of friends who where looking forward to getting involved with the site and we where also in negotiation of offering a days shooting to the members up until the point where I was labelled a troll, well it has been an experience!

It's a fair comment; there is a pack mentality sometimes, whether it's trolls, gentlemen from the Commonwealth, the damn French, whatever. That's life, at least here it's mainly harmless, moderated to within an inch of its life and sometimes funny (my posts, obviously...).

It does appear that Tink has been proven correct in the 10 posts or so that followed his original post.

However, that being said, there is some relevant history as to why new members have suspicion cast upon them as there has been a recent series of thoroughly unpleasant incidents involving an ex now banned member (threats to kill, reports to the police etc) who keeps finding ways around the moderators by registering new PW accounts under different names with different IP addresses to get back on the site and reap havoc. All new members now appear to automatically fall under suspicion and it's not until someone's post count hits say 50 that the existing members can tell the personality behind the profile and therefore the true intentions of the newbie.

I think it's just one of those things. The pack does exist and it protects itself to some extent.

Thought for the day.

What you are seeing exemplified on this thread is exactly the sort of trolly behaviour and over-reaction that was threatening to ruin the Wildfowling Forum during the few months that we made it a public access Forum.

It really did spoil the serious conversations between serious wildfowlers (and the good jokes) and, for that reason, the Wildfowling Forum has gone back to being private and new applicants will have to show a BASC membership card (or equivalent from overseas countries) before being admitted.

Maybe something similar would be desirable for PW.

Eric

By Jove that twank fellow is thin skinned, Oops I mean Tink, Who has threatened to leave this site more than I? I threaten to leave on a regular basis, but still stay because nobody cares a toss if I do or not!!I enjoy the razor sharp banter and **** taking back and fro, If member Tonk dosent like it then he is the loser!!Lets face it, what forum has members as good as ... Erh, Hhm, how about--? Hang on Tank Il,e get me coat..Wait for Meeeeeeee.! :good::lol::)

It does appear that Tink has been proven correct in the 10 posts or so that followed his original post.

However, that being said, there is some relevant history as to why new members have suspicion cast upon them as there has been a recent series of thoroughly unpleasant incidents involving an ex now banned member (threats to kill, reports to the police etc) who keeps finding ways around the moderators by registering new PW accounts under different names with different IP addresses to get back on the site and reap havoc. All new members now appear to automatically fall under suspicion and it's not until someone's post count hits say 50 that the existing members can tell the personality behind the profile and therefore the true intentions of the newbie.

I think it's just one of those things. The pack does exist and it protects itself to some extent.

Thought for the day.

130 and counting. ill put me horns away now :lol::lol:

[ Use None ]

Last 10 Posts [ In reverse order ]

tulkyukPosted Today, 03:56 PM

QUOTE(BSA Shaun @ Mar 17 2008, 03:05 PM)

We need some goats to sacrifice

berettaman1Posted Today, 03:53 PM

By Jove that twank fellow is thin skinned, Oops I mean Tink, Who has threatened to leave this site more than I? I threaten to leave on a regular basis, but still stay because nobody cares a toss if I do or not!!I enjoy the razor sharp banter and **** taking back and fro, If member Tonk dosent like it then he is the loser!!Lets face it, what forum has members as good as ... Erh, Hhm, how about--? Hang on Tank Il,e get me coat..Wait for Meeeeeeee.!

BSA ShaunPosted Today, 03:05 PM

We need some goats to sacrifice

PinkfootyPosted Today, 02:49 PM

What you are seeing exemplified on this thread is exactly the sort of trolly behaviour and over-reaction that was threatening to ruin the Wildfowling Forum during the few months that we made it a public access Forum.

It really did spoil the serious conversations between serious wildfowlers (and the good jokes) and, for that reason, the Wildfowling Forum has gone back to being private and new applicants will have to show a BASC membership card (or equivalent from overseas countries) before being admitted.

Maybe something similar would be desirable for PW.

Eric

MunglerPosted Today, 02:48 PM

Thought for the day.

FlashmanPosted Today, 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Tink @ Mar 17 2008, 11:20 AM)

Well thankyou all for a friendly welcome and taking my comments on board in a friendly manner.

I was merely trying to bring to peoples attention what my perception was of what I can clearly see was going on. I have a group of friends who where looking forward to getting involved with the site and we where also in negotiation of offering a days shooting to the members up until the point where I was labelled a troll, well it has been an experience!

It's a fair comment; there is a pack mentality sometimes, whether it's trolls, gentlemen from the Commonwealth, the damn French, whatever. That's life, at least here it's mainly harmless, moderated to within an inch of its life and sometimes funny (my posts, obviously...).

bob300wPosted Today, 12:43 PM

QUOTE(The Great Cornholio @ Mar 17 2008, 12:35 PM)

QUOTE(bob300w @ Mar 17 2008, 12:09 PM)

So you won't be surprised at what she took out of the Colonel with a filleting knife then, he didn't even wake up untill it was all over, he couldn't ride with the hunt for a month after!

bob300wPosted Today, 12:39 PM

QUOTE(DaveK @ Mar 17 2008, 12:27 PM)

I'd like to hear more about the Troll Bu55ery ritual.

Subtle clue; It involves lots of vaseline and the inability to ride your bike for a week,....errrr, no, just remembered, that was the Essex Mafia induction ritual.

The Great CornholioPosted Today, 12:35 PM

QUOTE(bob300w @ Mar 17 2008, 12:09 PM)

DaveKPosted Today, 12:27 PM

I'd like to hear more about the Troll Bu55ery ritual.

Review the complete topic (launches new window)

Default Blue IP.Board Pro English Lo-Fi Version 0.0887 sec -- 9 queries GZIP Enabled

Time is now: 17th March 2008 - 09:20 PM