Police visit

dustyfox

I have just had to make a statement about an incident.

Earlier on I was with this kid and he took an egg from my house and said to me on the way out that he was going to egg something I said no but he didnt liston. About five minutes later he said he wanted to chuck it at a moving car and I said you chuck it at your own risk. So he chucked it at this car and they guy in the car stopped and chased us he went straight for the kid and caught him up.

He went back to his house and the police went to his house. He made a statement and I think that he blamed me for throwing the egg. So they came round to my house and took a statement, I completly told the truth and after the statement had been done. They said to me are you sure you did not chuck the egg. I went yeah im sure.

I then asked what is going to happen. The policeman said the kid will get charged as it nearly caused an accident and I may need to go to court to give evidence.

Now the thing that scares me is that I told the police that he took the egg from my house but I did say that he couldnt. Would I get done for something here?

And would it affect me getting my SGC when I apply?

Thanks

DF

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are being charged with an offence, they will tell you.

Depending on the offence and whether you are found guilty or not, it could affect a future SGC application.

If you are being summoned as a witness, it will have no effect on anything.

But I think he has blamed it on me, if so whats going to happen?

Association with morons act 1871 section 4 (as amended) states "thou shalt not hang around with dickus-headus"

Additionally the prevention of crimes against the person act 2008 (as made up by me just now) states don't worry so much :lol:

Depending on the offence and whether you are found guilty or not, it could affect a future SGC application.

The innocent man has nothing to fear.

You did well explaining the truth, to be honest the Police will not prevent you from obtaining your SGC even if you have been to court for a minor incident that you were not guilty of, or did not receive a caution for.

You should be fine, just avoid having trouble makers around you :lol:

As I said, if you are going to be charged with an offence, they will tell you.

You will have to wait and see.

It does sound as though the driver saw your "friend" throw the egg and so if he tries to blame you he is unlikely to succeed.

Association with morons act 1871 section 4 (as amended) states "thou shalt not hang around with dickus-headus"

Additionally the prevention of crimes against the person act 2008 (as made up by me just now) states don't worry so much :lol:

Pin has just put my post into two lines there :lol: genius

Well I am still shaking as I am scarred of getting done for something I did not do. If it does go to court I hope the driver of the car knows it was him.

Relax! unless there is evidence to show that you commited the act.. then its the lads word against yours in court. They are police officers, not muppets (some will disagree with me there). Providing you cooperate and give the truth you should be fine, I doubt it will even go to court unless said lad really kicks up an issue.

typical of glasgow ned's hitting cars with egg's you have no need to worry if the did not charge you and charged your wee mate no need to worry about being a witness just tell the court you seen nothing :lol:

But I told the police I did see him throw it. I am not going to lie. Me being stupid I ran off making it look like I throw it but that was me panacking and didnt want to get caught in case he though it was me and gave me a smack on the nose.

Im on Pigeonwatch arms I want to talk to people about it.

Edited by dustyfox

Hey,

You got nothing to worry about. And please, make sure that whenever you talk to them again, do NOT start talking as if you have to say something to prove you were not responsible( or in other words being defensive). the fact is that THEY have to prove that you did it (meaning you dont have to prove that you were innocent). the car driver ran for the boy in the first place, so for sure he saw that it was the boy and not you. You did not help the boy escape etc either, and I assume you are not his guardian either. With all this truth in your favour, against one lie from the boy, I dont think that the boy, or the police will be able to prove you guilty(beyond reasonable doubt). So please relax, stop worrying, think of yourself as ONLY a witness and not a guilty party, and treat this incident as a warning to stay away from silly kids.

Good luck :lol:

GB

in some ways it's not the same but in others it is...

Now if some one was at my home and said they were going to steal a bike on the way home i would do my best to stop it at the end of the day you were informed that a crime was going to be commited and then you went along??? im not saying your a bad person as ive read your posts and replys to others posts and to the best of my breaf knowlage of you, you seem a good guy but im not a plod,a,long and you are i presume a FAC holder and should be alot more resonsable than none fac holders i realy dont mean to insult you as its such a minear thing but i know not to throw things at moveing cars and im sure you do and you were told a crime would be commited so you shouldnt have been in your so,called freinds company...

sorry if im patronising but its my oppinion and you posted this matter wanting anyones oppinion but if you think he may have blamed you then he's the worst sort of freind possoble.... good luck and was anyone else presant when HE ask'd for the egg?:lol:

in some ways it's not the same but in others it is...

Now if some one was at my home and said they were going to steal a bike on the way home i would do my best to stop it at the end of the day you were informed that a crime was going to be commited and then you went along??? im not saying your a bad person as ive read your posts and replys to others posts and to the best of my breaf knowlage of you, you seem a good guy but im not a plod,a,long and you are i presume a FAC holder and should be alot more resonsable than none fac holders i realy dont mean to insult you as its such a minear thing but i know not to throw things at moveing cars and im sure you do and you were told a crime would be commited so you shouldnt have been in your so,called freinds company...

sorry if im patronising but its my oppinion and you posted this matter wanting anyones oppinion but if you think he may have blamed you then he's the worst sort of freind possoble.... good luck and was anyone else presant when HE ask'd for the egg?:lol:

No one just me and him.

And I am no FAC holder but I am wanting to get one thou, I know that he was going to commit a crime but I did not throw the object he did and if I get in trouble because he lied well he owns me big time.

I kept on telling the boy not to do it but he ignored me and then I just said well if you do throw it, throw it at your own risk and dont blame me if you get caught.

Im not sure but I think the driver was one of his next door neighbors so see what happens.

it is a harsh situation and you did think he was your freind...

From the sound of you reply you dont think that im sayin im better than you as im not ive been in worse scrapes myself but i just want you to know i was only been honest and trying my best to answer your post and also throw things in the air what the police might throw at you,, but i wish you akll the best and let me/us know how you get on.....

what coating was on the egg at the time? what type of breadcrumbs were you using, were they of heavy gauge? if your "mate" walks around with loaded eggs on view, there is any issue here. are you sensible enough to be carrying around eggs from one shoot to another? :lol: you Firearms Egging Officer (FEO) might want to speak to you about this. :lol:

now, first thing you need to do, is give you "mate" a talking to. have you told his parents? just make sure you stop hanging around with this div. :lol:

You are going to get 30 years and all of your certificates revoked for throwing that egg you know.....................

Chin up you'll get parole in 13 :lol:

Mungler will be along soon to confirm the sentence and offer you the opportunity to partake in some essex love whilst inside :lol:

Edited by BSA Shaun

I have just had to make a statement about an incident.

Earlier on I was with this kid and he took an egg from my house and said to me on the way out that he was going to egg something I said no but he didnt liston. About five minutes later he said he wanted to chuck it at a moving car and I said you chuck it at your own risk. So he chucked it at this car and they guy in the car stopped and chased us he went straight for the kid and caught him up.

He went back to his house and the police went to his house. He made a statement and I think that he blamed me for throwing the egg. So they came round to my house and took a statement, I completly told the truth and after the statement had been done. They said to me are you sure you did not chuck the egg. I went yeah im sure.

I then asked what is going to happen. The policeman said the kid will get charged as it nearly caused an accident and I may need to go to court to give evidence.

Now the thing that scares me is that I told the police that he took the egg from my house but I did say that he couldnt. Would I get done for something here?

And would it affect me getting my SGC when I apply?

Thanks

DF

DF having read your post several times my take on this is that having just turned 23yrs old you should by now have entered the adult world with all its responsibilities and concerns, instead you seem, from your post, to be still in waltermitty land.

You describe this person as a boy and I assume from that he is a juvenile, you should not have allowed him to steal the egg from your home never mind stayed in his company when he told you of his intentions.

To throw an object at a moving vehicle is not clever, the driver may have swerved into the path of another vehicle or worse onto the pavement, he would not have known what it was being thrown at him, many drivers have been killed by bricks and stones thrown by idiots.

By making no effort to stop him and remaining in his company while he carried out the act imo makes you an accessory to the crime,you will be lucky if the police do not take this line and charge you.

As to being granted a licence to possess a shotgun, draw your own conclusions :yes:

:yes: D2D

Edited by dusk2dawn