BIRDS

PAULT

A bit early yet I think,Swallows usually arrive mid April, House Martins ,April to May, The RSPB state that Scotland has lost 60% of its Swift population over the last few years, House Martins, Swallows and other types of migratory birds are also in decline.

Edited by berettaman1

Saw first one of the year yesterday; Looked after a swift last year that had a damaged wing, funny little thing and had tiny feet with all the toes pointing same way. Dont need feet as such as they spend all year on the wing virtually.

There's a few "birds" in Essex who "swallow"... :hmm:

All the year round too, I would imagine :yes:

you know what they say... one swallow doesn't make a summer...

... but it can certainly make a Friday night :hmm::yes::hmm:

According to a birdy beardy weirdy website I look at occasionally :yes: there are a few knocking about, but very few. One at Hale in Cheshire today apparently :hmm:

Isn't Bill Oddie a ***. I watched him on a TV programme on Sky last night, something about Spring Watch :hmm:

I had to turn it over in the end, he was getting right up my nose

Edited by Chard

According to a birdy beardy weirdy website I look at occasionally :yes: there are a few knocking about, but very few. One at Hale in Cheshire today apparently :hmm:

Isn't Bill Oddie a ***. I watched him on a TV programme on Sky last night, something about Spring Watch :hmm:

Bill Oddie= Thrush= Irritating **** :yes:

Jonno

Bill Oddie= Thrush= Irritating **** :hmm:

Jonno

:lol:

He's a Fat King Kent :yes:

isnt the spring watch place a pheasant shoot i can remember reading it in one of the mags

Yep it is. We spoke to a gun on the shoot in the Summer when he spotted our guns in the boot while dropping off a brush cutter.

FM :hmm:

I bet Mr Oddie wouldn't have the decency to admit what an exceptional place for wildlife a well-run shoot is :yes::hmm:

The first swallow type birds to arrive are usualy sand martins. I have not seen any this year yet and spring migrants seem very slow , but with last weeks snow thats not surprising. A few chiffchaffs arriving now in Norfolk and they are about 10 days later than average.