AR15s and AKs

Lloyd90

Just wondering are we allowed AK's or AR15s here in Britain? I really didnt think we were allowed but a few people have posted pics and such in the pics of your rifle thread and I was just wondering. Ar 15 with mods would make a good little dear rifle me thinks.

Not exactly designed for optimum accuracy at range is it? There is a reason why sniper rifles and assault rifles look different! And imagine the stalker on the hill's reaction when you show him your goin' after big red stags with what looks like an M16?

All a bit silly in my opinion

5.56( 2.23) just isn't powerful enough for deer.

Funny, I've got deer on my ticket for my .223, the BDS, BASC and Police all agree they are fine for deer.

Now qualify that with which deer you can and cant shoot with it in merrie old England :) I'm sure they don't mean you can whack a Red or Sika :good:

Not exactly designed for optimum accuracy at range is it? There is a reason why sniper rifles and assault rifles look different! And imagine the stalker on the hill's reaction when you show him your goin' after big red stags with what looks like an M16?

newar-1.jpg

Mine seems to shoot alright :)

TARGET.jpg

I recently took it to Scotland to do my DSC1 and the instructor/stalker loved it!!

Old charlie doesnt like it much :good:

08-04-08FOX.jpg

Thank you very much Sussex Lad. Seems alright to me there, should shut up all the people who think it is ridiculous.

I was just inquiring about it and was confused whether you are ALLOWED them. Why is the idea of any sort of gun ridiculous ?

Hell some people here have old Buffalo guns, my dads friend used to have one.

newar-1.jpg

Mine seems to shoot alright :good:

TARGET.jpg

I recently took it to Scotland to do my DSC1 and the instructor/stalker loved it!!

Old charlie doesnt like it much :lol:

08-04-08FOX.jpg

Nice :)

I love mine too. It's 100% stock and shoots under 2 inch groups at 100 yards.

DSC01653.jpg

Bottom one looks familiar (yours Dr Scholl). Lorraine had a Sabre Defence XR15 just like it. She also had a Saiga M3 (AK). Both good for plinking but that's about it. Plink it, clean it, caress it.

When she had them she wouldn't have considered taking them out in the field, both because of their lack of accuracy and the bad impression of taking military weapons out in public.

Lovely guns but should be restricted to target shooting.

Tin hat on and peeking over the parapet (need a smiley for that one)

Dave

Edited by DaveK