Thieving B*******

chippy18

Went out about 9pm last night for a couple of pints. Wife phones me at 9.35pm having just got in, to tell me the alarm on the garage is going and she is not going down there so to get home.

Arrive home 5 Min's later to find that in the space of about 30 Min's someone has removed the security grill from the window got into the garage and smashed the side door open from inside and taken my baby, my MV F4 1000.

All in 30 Min's and without anyone seeing or hearing anything.

Just had the scientific branch and another lot of police round. Nothing to find, police think it was stolen to order and that it was definitely a professional bike gang. He thinks i was probably seen at 1 of the many race meets that i attend and followed home.

They was definitely only after the MV as i also now have a 2007 R1 and also had my 2006 Honda CRF 480 crosser in there and they did nt go near them.

Makes me bloody mad :lol: what do you have to do to protect your property. The garage is alarmed, there are grills on the window(or there was) the internal door had three locks and a retaining stay and they still get it.

I am supposed to be riding over to the moto GP at Le Mans on Friday, wondering now if i should stay.

Cheers :good:

sorry to hear that mate you must be devistated, i know i would be if my bike got nicked. i think you're right about it being stolen to order too. otherwise the crosser would have gona because it would be the easiest to get. is there any CCTV around you area? because they must have had a van of some sort, an you might get a partial registration.

yeah it was stolen to order alright the cctv will be a waste ov time i am a security manager and all thery will do is change the plates ov the van or just nick one its not hard is it look how easy they got into your home mate i had cctv when i got burguled all they did is but there hoods up couldnt see them although got a full hand print in the house police said they couldnt do anything and it was my lcd tv they was after £3000 worth ov damage £5000 lost though stuff they nicked and ended up putting my dog down due to it turning cos he couldnt get to them

Thanks all

No CCTV about and the reason i never bothered having any was exactly because of what has just been said, no one takes any notice of it.

Still have just had a very nice man on the phone from my insurance. And my wife has just told me to still go to the Moto GP otherwise the scumbags are winning all over again if i cancel, at least i am fortunate to have another bike.

Cheers everyone :good:

Thats really bad, I feel your pain - my rents got burgled about six months ago, *****rds broke in in seven different places at both ground and first floor level and didnt trip the alarm, must have known the place inside out!

gb

people like them rapist and pedo should be sent to an Island and u should be leaglly allowed to hunt them with whatever weapon you wanted to use i would pay to do it and i am dame sure other would

Edited by laf

A friend of mine had his bike stolen recently he found it in a transit van about 200 yards from his house.

He phoned the police and a few days later he had his bike back.

When some **** lifts a bike he puts it in the van straight away as not to be seen.

But there not going to drive it away straight off cause they know they'll be on C.C.T.V. in the area plus the police are going

to be pulling over any vans big enough to fit a bike in to around the time of the theft.

Thus, they leave it in your area, maybe even on your street then pick it up later when the dust has settled.

It's likely that the police would pull over vans and trucks for about four days after the theft but after

that they'll have other stuff to do that takes priority.

The police know it happens this way as do the criminals, a very flawed system that doesn't work in the best

interests of honest decent people.

My advice to you is to get out in your area and look for any vans or trucks that you don't normally see where you live.

If you see one try and look to see whats inside it, your not braking the law by doing this.

If you find a suspicious vehicle and you suspect your bikes inside phone the police and get them to crack it open.

It probably doesn't happen this way all the time but it's worth trying, better to get your bike back

as opposed to having to claim it on your insurance.

Good luck.

Hi All,

no such luck as far as being in the area, that was one of the things the police said. They definitely were pros because my bike has got tracker and it has been activated but they say it is non responsive meaning it has been ********.

Cheers :good:

Edited by chippy18

Security Ground anchor to the fllor and boron security chain would have held them up a bit. Trouble is if they want it they still take it.

The neibours had two cars broke into and moved to get to the caravan, they then cut the wheelclamps and took it without any noise.

Edited by paulf

*****, utter *****. big brother is watching and vigilanteism will rear its ugly head, its the only way! other wise nothing is or will ever be done about it. :good:

I have a mate that bought a GSXR a few years ago and he dicided to have it tricked up, the engine went to Straightline at Ipswich to have a Starblock job done on it and to be worked on, Carillo's, welded crank, Power commander, mapped, the suspension was tweaked, you name it my mate had it done, the day the engine came back and was fitted, he went to his insurers to insure it for £15,000 as it was so trick, everything was sorted, Insurance were happy with security arrangements, the bike was in an alarmed garage, at the back behind two cars, chained to the floor, immobilised and alarmed, it went missing within 18 hours and the insurance didn't want to know, after some months he got 3 grand back. tracks were found behind his house and across the fields, they'ed carried it over half a mile to get away with it. Someone must have known what was in there and planned a job, he said he would never have another bike and so far he still hasn't as it sticks in his gullet that something he'd worked hard to buy and get how he wanted was stolen from him even before he'd had the chance to ride it. I felt for him and still do now. It maikes me really angry.

Edited by kernel gadaffi

i had the same thing with my quad but they broke into a car that was parked on my street then drove it trough the garage Dore and left the car but tuck my quad and guess what no one saw or herd a thing. ow and this was in the middle of the day i left home for college at 12 and my sister came home from work at one so the had bin and gone in a hour

Edited by russ91

Chippy, purely based on past experiences, they will probably be back for the others.

LB

Taken care of LB. R1 has been put into the utility room temporarily and the crosser has been moved to a mates for now.Got a bricky pal coming round at the weekend to brick up the windows and have ordered a steel security door and frame for side.

The main garage door is very secure already with ground anchors on the outside and a steel brace on the inside.

Am of to Moto GP'S tomorrow and will now be riding R1 anyway.

Cheers :wub:

Edited by chippy18

Chippy, purely based on past experiences, they will probably be back for the others.

LB

Taken care of LB. R1 has been put into the utility room temporarily and the crosser has been moved to a mates for now.Got a bricky pal coming round at the weekend to brick up the windows and have ordered a steel security door and frame for side.

The main garage door is very secure already with ground anchors on the outside and a steel brace on the inside.

Am of to Moto GP'S tomorrow and will now be riding R1 anyway.

Cheers :wub:

Sorted then. Have a good trip mate ;)

LB