bull fighting

soreshoulder

watched one about 20 years ago, and they didnt kill the bull :yp:

cant be doing with people saying "its cruel" ect. they have been at it for hundreds of years, why should a bunch of divs get them to stop. "off with its ears", thats what i say :lol:

I don't agree with it just because its been done for years doesn't make it right. I would have thought most on here would agree if you are going to kill an animal it deserves a swift death.

I was in Portugal a while back and had the option of watching some but didn't feel the need, oddly enough all the french and Spanish girls there watched it and enjoyed it

From what I can make of it there are a lot of variables involved. Sometimes the bull is just wound up but not really hurt. It has a bit of a go at a bloke with a cloth and then goes home. I've got nothing against that as IMO it's no worse than fishing. All they're doing is messing up the animals day a bit, which it will forget about soon enough.

The other kind is where they're poked with spears, badly hurt and eventually killed. That's just cruel as they must really suffer. I'm against that sort of thing, and would never want any part of it. I'm not one who shouts about banning anything, as we shooters suffer from the actions of these people too. I must say I don't agree with it though :yp:

Hmm ive never know what to make of it really, seems a bit cruel to torment an animal in that way, causing so much distress from the crowd, and then the pain of the wounds, im not really a fan to be honest!!

They say the bull doesnt feel pain, simpily because of the ammount of adrennaline pumping, well if thats the case get to idiot with the sward to run and ill scure him every time he runs past, see how he likes it :yp:

After saying that i have been to one of only two square bull fighting rings in the world, basically because the bulls cant corner the dweebs in the circular ones :lol:

watched it last year when i was out in spain.its cruel,before the fancy **** with the flag comes out acting all hard,the bull has been stabbed in the shoulders by blokes on horse back.the horses are covered in padding, when the bull attacks the horse the blokes stab the bull with long spears.when the bull is knackered,out comes 'el matador' who parades around like a jumped up puff, sticking fancy skewers into it until its about dead on its feet.at which point hes given i sword to finish off.

just my point

From what I can make of it there are a lot of variables involved. Sometimes the bull is just wound up but not really hurt. It has a bit of a go at a bloke with a cloth and then goes home. I've got nothing against that as IMO it's no worse than fishing. All they're doing is messing up the animals day a bit, which it will forget about soon enough.

You reckon they forget do you? I once helped a farmer put a ring in a Bull`s nose, I was the only person it could see during this operation as the farmer used a blind over one eye , I didn`t go back to the farm for over a year, the bull was in a home field it took one look at me and damn near got over a wall to get at me. All the farmer said was he remembers you then, thats why we used the blind.

They don`t take kindly to having their days messed up, and they don`t forget.

Back to the subject, I don`t liked animals being tortured, but it`s Spanish heritage and I wouldn`t join the anti brigade to stop it. It`s a bit like the telly if you don`t like it switch off.

If no one paid to watch then it wouldn`t happen.

Tony A.

It's not for me. I don't mind them winding a bull up :lol: but this bit where they stick the spears into it's neck strikes me as being sick. It just drags out the animals death needlessly and (I think) it's done to partially disable the bull so it is less of a danger to the bloke in frilly pants :yp:

I reckon it's one of those sports that could still be enjoyed without causing physical harrm to the bull, but the Spanish would have it otherwise. They maintain that the bull's noble death is what makes it enjoyable :lol:

No worse what the chinese do to dogs

The Chinese actually hang dogs and beat them while they are alive, they say the meat taste better when there is a lot of adrenaline in it.

Its on you tube but I dont want to put the link up as it really disgusts me Once I saw the dog being hanged alive I turned it off.

Df

i don't think anyone can argue that it's not cruel as it clearly is.........but, i would definately go and watch a bull fight. afterall its apart of another culture and history. i don't think it should be banned at all. many people have hobbies and interests that others don't agree with. and indeed our is frowned upon by many. but i do love it when i see stuff like this too. >>>BULL'S REVENGE<<<

we could argue the using livebaits when fishing is cruel, but there are many angles to this.

how many of us are against the using of hounds in a fox hunt?

i am a traditionalist, and i think every country should do their best to retain what they have created.

should the hunts have been banned? i think not :yp:

I wonder how many that said it wrong actually said the same for foxhunting being banned? :yp:

I agree its cruel but as mentioned its the culture! But I dont see any difference in it than running over 40 horses over 2 miles and having to have sometimes up to 10 of them shot in the grand national ! at least the bulls get eaten

we could argue the using livebaits when fishing is cruel, but there are many angles to this.

i am a traditionalist, and i think every country should do their best to retain what they have created.

there are more angles and a fox may be chased but its killed instantly not made to suffer a prolonged death and also is done as foxes are vermin. Tradition is one thing but outright cruelty is another we banned dog fighting and cock fighting and I can't say I think we lost much

there are more angles and a fox may be chased but its killed instantly not made to suffer a prolonged death and also is done as foxes are vermin. Tradition is one thing but outright cruelty is another we banned dog fighting and cock fighting and I can't say I think we lost much

Im sorry mate but thats ********! youve obviously never been on a foxhunt and the issue isnt that its vermin its about the way the animal is treated prior to its death.

I agree dog and cock fighting being banned was a worthwhile decision :lol:

should the hunts have been banned? i think not :lol:

1. are you sure they dont suffer? being ripped apart by a load of hounds has got to smart a bit. we know that they die a horrid death.

2. although they are classed as vermin, bulls are classed as meat. there classification in society is not an issue.

( a few bad spells there me thinks :yp: )

so when the dogs actually catch the fox death isn't quick?:D?

have a look at the antis websites :lol:

im not trying to push my opinions on you al4x, but i defend my own ones. :yp: my opinion is right, as its what i belive, just as yours is right for you. :lol::lol:

I wonder how many that said it wrong actually said the same for foxhunting being banned? :yp:

I agree its cruel but as mentioned its the culture! But I dont see any difference in it than running over 40 horses over 2 miles and having to have sometimes up to 10 of them shot in the grand national ! at least the bulls get eaten

Fox hunting at least the fox had a chance to get away, it wasnt put in a ring with hounds chasing it.

Our rule is that you see an injured animal like a pheasant you dispatch it as soon as possable, thats what I have learnt anyway.

I dont think that you can make an excuse saying its tradition anymore thats looking in the past not the future.

People and things move on, seeing that clip of the bull dieing in pain while that guy in tights watched it die slowly what is wrong with him carrying a bolt gun or something and shot it in the head instead of watching the blood poor out its nose. Im sorry but that is plainly disrespectful. You put a bull in a ring stab a dozon spears in it then watch it die slowly for the entertainment of the crowd.

Thank the Lord for Spain and bullfighting :yp:

If they didn't do it the EU legislature would have banned it and probably a lot of other things I enjoy.

Not much they can do on animal cruelty while the Spaniards delight in torturing animals to death.

Is it wrong? That's a moral question, there's a lot worse going on in the world, why pick on bullfighting?