PERMISSION REQUIRED IN DERBYSHIRE/NOTTS AREA

jim.r.smith

• 2 months later...

peejay

i have been to around 30 farms in the last few days trying to get land

i dressed smartly in trousers and smart jacket with my company name on it

i also gave out my business cards to prove i am no idiot and took along my basc membership

ALL TO NO AVAIL !!!!

i know people say keep trying but i must admit you do get a bit p****d off when you keep getting told no and some of the farmers are dam right rude in telling you so

whats your secret i have tried free m.o.t. tests cheap cheap tyres and helping out on the land but still NO NO NO !!!

CHEERS SHAWN

• 2 weeks later...

I drive around until I have found a field full of pigeons or rooks hammering a crop. Then point it out to the owner/farmer. From time to time I have found this to be the best way of cold calling. Once you have one farm under your belt and the farmer is happy with your conduct. Tell him that you have seen other fields in the area that have birds on them and ask if he can put in a word for you. I got three farms back to back doing this.

Hope this helps

EF

Ok hope this doesnt sound rude but all the above advice goes and its your first post on this forum asking for summit for free or as near to it by my reckoning,you say you are experienced so where do you go to gain this ? why not offer to take someone out with you in exchange for him to take you out.Sometimes once you get the bug you want lots of land and eventually spread yourself too thin on the ground trying to please lots of farmers and thats when others get into your land. I have more than enough to do me and know lots of farmers that are desperate to have someone sort them out but they will have to wait theyre turn and my wife being a policewoman is always visitin farms and being like me learns to spend hours sitin talkin to farmers without even talkin about shootin,somtimes when i visit a farm to shoot it doesnt happen,we talk about all sorts of things.Remember a farmer is a lonely life sometimes not getting too many visitors so they are always after a chat and some one to listen to tell their problems to,this is then often conveyed to other farmers they are friends with and your name spreads.

listen dont speak, go and buy farm eggs or stuff get to know them

clanchief