Cover Versions

sweepy

:lol: eMINENS DREAM ON!!! Love aerosmith and love the cover, its not beter than the origional but i like it!!

Adam Ants version of the doors hit...hello i love is good too. :lol:

Love Aerosmith. We saw them at Donnington in 94 :D . Their cover of Come Together is much better than the original in my opinion. Mind you, I don't like The Beatles.

Robert

erm - that'll be because they're NOT the lyrics :lol:

Anyway, Eloise by The Damned is the best cover.

Ever.

Must admit that is pretty great.

However the best ever is Frankie Goes to Hollywood's cover of Born to Run. Louie Louie by Motorhead comes a close 2nd.

That's the end of the agument really.

erm - that'll be because they're NOT the lyrics :D

Ever.

However the best ever is Frankie Goes to Hollywood's cover of Born to Run. Louie Louie by Motorhead comes a close 2nd.

ok, thats enough. no more :lol:

someone should ban such claptrap :lol:

erm - that'll be because they're NOT the lyrics :D

Ever.

No, no, no :D ! Wolfsbane's cover of Born To Run :lol::lol: .

Robert

Love Aerosmith. We saw them at Donnington in 94 :D

i was there....do you remember the lead singer of extreme saying we were all ******* because someone hit him on the nose with a biscuit boost bar and stropped off the stage?

Well that was me!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::D

Aerosmith were awsome....so were therapy? and sepultura!!!

and paulos....yes i agree the gnr version is by far the greatest!!! :P

Edited by Axe
Swearing

Good shootin Elvis ! I claim to have been one of the gang of punks who gave Richard Jobson of The Skids a "Spittle Mask" in 1978 when they supported The Stranglers.Would not have hurt as much but the bugs factor and smell awful enough.

My all time fave song Nilssens "Everybody,s Talking " was murdered by The Beautiful South". Metallica did do a good job of "Whiskey in the Jar " O.

Knockin on Heavens Door - There are tons of cover versions of that track. Pick of the bunch has gotta be Guns N' Roses though :lol: :lol: :D

Avril Lavigne's attempt should carry a life sentence. :D

Dare I say Bob Dylans rendition is my favourite, but I must also say that Guns 'N' Roses did a damn good job with it. :P

Mind you, the air used to be full of things - remember those big plastic containers for your beer/squash/etc? As the day wore on, and people used to relieve themselves in them, and then chuck them...

id have kept the brolly to protect myself from the pees bombs!!! It was getting a bit mental while we waited for aerosmith to come on!!!!! I got a peespot in the head on more than one occasion...i just topped them up and relaunched!!!!

Good shootin Elvis ! I claim to have been one of the gang of punks who gave Richard Jobson of The Skids a "Spittle Mask" in 1978 when they supported The Stranglers

Cool!!! i remember seeing adam ant in his zerox machine days and thinking why is everyone flobbing at the man they came to see!!!! :lol:

Edited by Evil Elvis

I think that when someone does a cover version of a song, I think it's a mistake to try and do it in the same style as the original - that's just karaoke :yes::hmm::):drool:

If they give the song a whole new treatment, at least they've made an effort.

Like when the Sid Vicious did Frank Sinatra's My Way :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: