Any big readers on the forum?

jonno 357

As in the topic. Are there any serious book readers on the forum? I don't mean the buy a book at WHS in the airport terminal ones :good: I do read quite a lot and enjoy a good thriller

If so what you reading at the moment and who is one of your favourite authors

Read Atlantis by David Gibbins

Quite like

Steve Berry

Raymond Khoury

Jonno

Well at the Moment I am reading The Lord of the rings trilogy, and I must say it is much better than the film.

JRR Tolkien got to be my favorite author as Im gonna read the Samarillion next, then The Children of Húrin,

I also like books that are based around wars.

Just amazes me when I was at school I had no interest in reading books but as soon as I read that Hobbit I just couldnt stop.

I have quite a wide taste in reading matter and always have a book on the go.

For real reading entertainment I would recommend the Robert B Parker "Spenser" series and Lee Child's "Reacher" series.

James Lee Burke is a good author if you want to get a bit "deeper".

I also read selective autobiographies.

Due to the nature of my job I get very little time to read but I have got around this problem by going down the library and getting audio books.

I know this is the lazy way but I usually get through 2 or 3 books a weeks and it is far better than listening to the radio whilst driving at night.

Of course I only get the unabridge versions

Sweepy :good:

I read a book a week, I love it and I'll read anything but I mostly read crime thrillers with a bit of Fantasty thrown in for good measure. I'm banned from buying books as we've run out of space and I have about 200 books in boxes in the loft which I just can't part with.

I've joined the local library now and take 5 or 6 out at a time.

My favourite authors are Minette Walters, Kathy Reichs, PD James, Martina Cole (a bit dark) Elizabeth George, Pratchett and Robin Hobb. Ben Elton is a good author too very witty. I also read recipe books cover to cover and my current read is HFW the Fish book.

I love reading

I love everything there is about books. The smell of them, the sound of a page turning.

Someone reading to me is sheer bliss.

Right from day one i have read books to my boys at bedtime.

Nothing better then laying on a bed with a little one sound asleep beside you .And the other one in your arms .smelling of bath time fun.And clean P.Js .

listening to thomas the tank engine. B).

unfortunately for me those days have gone :(

One memory i hold very close to my heart. :wub:

I love hardbacks but always find them a job to hold in bed (which is were i read the most ).

The old books were you used to get the pictures in that you could feel when you trace your fingers over then .

I used to shut my eyes and feel the detail though the tips of my fingers. :yes:

I love how the book makes you use your brain. Having to imagining the scene instead of having it shown to you .

unfortunately i now find .That if i sit down for a good read .By the time i get to page two am sound asleep .

And cant remember a thing that i have read. :good:.

So after many attempts of getting past page two.I do sometimes lose the will to read . :(

xxxxsuzy

Terry Pratchet, Andy McNab, Anne McCaffrey (Sci Fi), but best Autobiography must be Whoopi Goldberg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Mrs was embarrassed on holiday when I was laughing out loud on the beach. Tick tock man Terrence Strong? AND TO TOP IT ALL RABBIE BURNS

Yeppers, a regular bookworm,

Ive just finished ole Dezzers "the naked ape" you remember Dezz, the original comb-over kid, anyhow it was a book that id been meaning to read for years,

Ive just started "the rise and fall of the third reicht", jeez what a jaw dropper this candid and in depth blow by blow look at the german government of that time, i am find it a chilling read,

Sirocco.......

Anything by Richard Jeffreys - Bevis, the Story of a Boy - builds his own matchlock, runs away & lives on a island, learns to sail the hard way - my all-time favourite book which I read as a 10yo - and still go back to as a 60yo. Also by Jeffries - the Gamekeeper at Home, The Amateur Poacher, After London - Science Fiction written in 1885, describing post-apocalyptic life as a survivor. Plus a long list of other titles.

The Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian. Very detailed and historically accurate (mostly) account of shipboard life in the RN 1790 - 1820. Don't be put off by the Master & Commander movie - the pictures are much better in the books!

BB (Denis Watkins-Pitchford) anything written or illustrated by BB is worth a read.

The Leatherstocking Saga - J Fenimore Cooper.

Some Dickens.

The Reacher by Lee Child series.

Alan Mallinson's series on Napoleonic cavalry (British army).

And this summer, I are mainly reading Carl Hiasen's series of novels about Florida. Bitingly accurate and very funny.

Im not a big reader, although i have read Duncan Banatynes autobiography, and i couldnt put that down, its a seriously good read and really imformative, would deffinatly recommend :yes:

"Ah'll tell ye where ah am...an' ah'm oot." Tee hee.

Robert

HAHAHA

Aye could be a difficult read lol. :hmm:

three books a week man myself.

love reacher,

dave robicheaux by JL Burke are superb

on my desk at the mo i have the overlook by micheal connolly in his Bosch series.

Robert Crais is brilliant as is John connolly with his Charlie Bird series.

For laughs I read Robert rankin and if there was one book that I would recommend to anyone which in my opinion is the funniest ever written the it is the ascent of rumdoodle by a e bowman. SOOOO funny.

Jim