Opticswarehouse phone number

bob300w

they've always been good for me but they are a mail order outlet and most stuff I've had seems to come direct from their supplier. My feeling is they're a small company run by someone as a part time enterprise. Hence the lack of phone number, I'd check the product is what you want from elsewhere then if you're happy order from OW as the prices always seem good

Thanks for the pointers lads, I have had dealings with them before with no problems, but I am inclined to agree with you all re the caution, and I have always paid by credit card to give myself some protection.

What I wish to do is buy a Lyman 1200 DPS powder dispenser, they advertise it around £40 cheaper than the Sportsman, which is a big saving on a £240 quid item, but there is a Mk2 and Mk3 model and I need to know which one they are selling, as they don't give the model number. I have sent three emails that have been acknowledged by computer but no reply. I'll do what webber suggests and have a mooch around in the archives. Thanks again, Bob.

Well, I've been through all of the old posts re Opticswarehouse, the main complaints seem to be the lack of communication from them but nothing really to be concerned about, in fact there are some glowing accounts of dealings in there.

But no telephone number, probably the most poignant post was one just over a month ago;

"I have now ordered 150 quids worth of stuff from litts, and I hope it all comes "

Yeah that was me :lol: I did mange to get all my bits :lol: , last item I received was on the Monday the week they shut up shop!But optics warehouse is a shower of ****e for communication.He ll say that he didn't receive any emails or some ********

i bought a scope from this company a few months ago, after my initial email the chap rang me back and couldn't have been more helpful, i seem to remember the chap actually sent me the scope before i had paid for it, his actual words were........try it and if you don't like it send it back.......cant be more fairer than that.

I have had to buy quite few bits and pieces mail orde in the last month or so, and I needed them all pretty quickly.

Even though I ordered online, I didn't place the order until I had had confirmation of a delivery date, in fact 2 of the suppliers asked me if it was OK for their supplier to ship straight to me.

It's a tough market out there and for OW to trim their margins as thin as they have the obviously don't have staff to answer phone calls or email enquiries.

I have bought from them in the past and haven't had any problems at all, but it looks like they may now have become a victim of their own success and it is time to employ more staff (so exactly the same situation as a well know American rifle stock manufacturer :good: )

• 1 year later...
Not sure if it is a coincidence of posting on here, or whether they read the forums but I've just had a reply. :yes: .

continuing the Opticswarehouse question ~ Off Topic is such a great idea!

Gidday - It's now over a month ago since I ordered a pair of binoculars. Communication is happening - they answer but they seem a little flippant - but I am beginng to get very nervous about my money. Right now I would rather have my money back than another reply saying "They will be a couple of weeks."

Opticswarehouse have been in business a while. The company listing says they last changed their name in 1994 which suggests, whatever else, that they are doing something right. I don't doubt that Opticswarehouse has managed to satisfy a lot of customers but so far I'm not one of them. For the moment I'll sit and wait but after a month and a couple of days I suspect that something should have happened by now.

Has anyone else had to wait this long? I don't believe the story about Customs. Yes, they can hold things up. No, they don't hold things up forever. It's right up there with "The cheque is in the mail" story. Maybe true ... dunno!

I'll let you know what happens ~ or doesn't happen. Woof

PS - Yes, I'd like their phone number too.

• 2 weeks later...

re my post of 15 May 2010, all's well that ends well ~ sort of. Once the binoculars were in the hands of Fedex, things went like clockwork. The binoculars were not well packed but fortunately came in a padded case which is the best reason for having a padded case come with binoculars ordered on the net.

Given that eight or so years ago, I received a pair of 8.5 × 44 ED Audobon binoculars that had suffered in transit and that sending them back from the far side of the world was not really an option, I am happy with the outcome. I spent a lot of money with my technician locally in Australia on the Audobons and eventually gave up as they "decomposed" in my hands. They make an excellent doorstop. Back then, in 2002, I went straight out and bought some Leica binoculars immediately. It's been eight great years. I paid full price and have no regrets.

The new bins are 6X × 32mm Vortex Viper binoculars and I was surprised to find they were bigger than my 8X × 32mm Leica Trinovid BNs. The Vipers are not the top of their range, so I guess noting that I won't be getting rid of the Leica 8X bins any time soon is a given but it's nice to have binocs where in a rocking boat I can still see a few things that are going on through the Vipers. It would be gratuitous not to say that they have enormous utility. Magnificent optics are one thing but they need to be suited to the use at hand and there is no doubt that the utility of these low magnification binoculars is very high. One surprise was that the Vipers seem to be fun to use for a little astronomical viewing.

If Leica ever start making 6X binoculars with a decent FOV, they've got one buyer! Opticswarehouse is no doubt a legitimate business but I'll try somewhere else.

From 15 April to 17 May, cheers to the Watchers, Woof