How to Keep Bread fresh for longer??

Ferretboy111

Well, just a random post to ask any of you guys if you have any tips on how to keep Bread fresher for longer, as it seems that every loaf which is bought in the house last like 3 days then goes mouldy. The bread is kept in the packaging, which is shut in a cupboard.

May seem daft, but may aswell ask.

Alex :oops::no:

get a few kids,a loaf of bread dont last a day in my house,so never seen mould on bread :yes:

:lol::lol::lol: along with all the other food.

better quality bread goes stale quicker, as it has not had preservatives added to it. you know its better for you. and there aint nowt wrong with a bit of mould on your bread, aides digestion :hmm:

Well, just a random post to ask any of you guys if you have any tips on how to keep Bread fresher for longer, as it seems that every loaf which is bought in the house last like 3 days then goes mouldy. The bread is kept in the packaging, which is shut in a cupboard.

May seem daft, but may aswell ask.

Alex :lol::hmm:

During the summer months we keep ours on the top shelf in the fridge, its not quite as cold as bottom shelf and it stays fresh for alot longer.

The birds in my garden are like Whippets, they dont get any bread :lol:

:yes: D2D

When buying bread put your arm in the shelf as far as it will go and then grab one, the amount of loafs you knock on the floor whilst retrieving yours will equate to how long yours will last, roughly 12 hours each!

It's going mouldy quicker than it used too and it's costing us more for the entertainment of spotting the green bits :hmm:

Bread maker, there's only enough per loaf for 1 or 2 days and it's still cheaper than buying it. Of course you actually have to remember to make and have a woman to do it for you. Which reminds me...

Eaxactly, we only buy bread if one of us forgets (it's never me ) to make another loaf.

Can't beat home made bread you can tailor it to your own tastes.

Bread maker, there's only enough per loaf for 1 or 2 days and it's still cheaper than buying it. Of course you actually have to remember to make and have a woman to do it for you. Which reminds me...

Eaxactly, we only buy bread if one of us forgets (it's never me ) to make another loaf.

Can't beat home made bread you can tailor it to your own tastes.

..and you don't even need (knead?) a bread machine.

Linky linky

:hmm:

LS