Meet up on Tosspot's home turf

MC

Guys,

I saw in the PULL mag last night that there is a 200 bird shoot in september at Southdown.

As TP is always driving up this way how about we go down his neck of the woods and shoot this one. Entry was £75 and we may need to book in advance to shoot on the saturday which if I remember rightly was the 23rd.

Who is up for it?

As predicted

Enter stage left,

Catamong with his doom and gloom

It may well be hard, and if I miss I miss, no excuses.

I don't profess to hit everything, I do not claim to be a crack shot but I can hit more than I miss.

I want to shoot this ground as it has a reputation of being well set up.

It will be the same as the Essex Masters, a well set up shoot, good crack with some good mates. And if you shoot well along the way then all the better.

Cat,

When you post a score card with no misses on it then you can harp on about the head shaking.

As predicted

Enter stage left,

Catamong with his doom and gloom

It may well be hard, and if I miss I miss, no excuses.

I don't profess to hit everything, I do not claim to be a crack shot but I can hit more than I miss.

I want to shoot this ground as it has a reputation of being well set up.

It will be the same as the Essex Masters, a well set up shoot, good crack with some good mates. And if you shoot well along the way then all the better.

Cat,

When you post a score card with no misses on it then you can harp on about the head shaking.

300pxkennethwilliamsjf4.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, Matron :good:

Not too far from me at all :P NEVER been to a shoot before, been claying a few times. What would it be shooting ? :good:

Been on a duck shoot but I was only about 10 so I gave them the old chinese twist if they were still alive haha :lol:

Sounds tempting although im thinking id only show myself up being such an amateur, also sounds expensive :lol:

Whos going then ?

Not too far from me at all :P NEVER been to a shoot before, been claying a few times. What would it be shooting ? :good:

Been on a duck shoot but I was only about 10 so I gave them the old chinese twist if they were still alive haha :lol:

Sounds tempting although im thinking id only show myself up being such an amateur, also sounds expensive :lol:

Whos going then ?

I think it'll be quite hardcore, mate. Top shots and serious stuff. I shan't be going, bit out of my league :):lol::) (and distance and budget)

A lot of very good shots come unstuck at Southdown, I always think there's a lot of "sky" around most of the birds, making them very easy to miss, many are also considerably quicker than they appear.

They will be using the main layout (both sides of the valley), together with an adjacent valley that was used in the World Sporting in 2002 & 2004.

It's being held on 18th / 19th / 20th / 21st September, you can shoot both layouts on one day or split them over 2 days if you wish.

This should be one of the best shoots of the year in terms of target quality.

Book early if you want a weekend slot.

Cat.

A lot of very good shots come unstuck at Southdown, I always think there's a lot of "sky" around most of the birds, making them very easy to miss,

Cat.

:lol::lol::P:):lol: All the best shots suffer from "too much sky".

I keep trying to tell the Mafia, but they just won't listen :good:

A lot of very good shots come unstuck at Southdown, I always think there's a lot of "sky" around most of the birds, making them very easy to miss, many are also considerably quicker than they appear.

They will be using the main layout (both sides of the valley), together with an adjacent valley that was used in the World Sporting in 2002 & 2004.

It's being held on 18th / 19th / 20th / 21st September, you can shoot both layouts on one day or split them over 2 days if you wish.

This should be one of the best shoots of the year in terms of target quality.

Book early if you want a weekend slot.

Cat.

Blimey,

I don't need them making them easy to miss, I am ace at that. What I need is easy to hit

Think i may be able to make the 10 minute trek to this one,

if some of you guys fancy it then great :):good:

Chard, hows about we set alight a few tyres to imitate all that industrial smog you are used to, to blot out all that sky? and i'm surprised you have not picked Martin up on his incorrect use of an apostrophe.

Bigthug87, your profile says Wales? not all that close to sunny Sussex unless you have a second home in these parts, more than welcome nonetheless

Edited by tosspot

if some of you guys fancy it then great :good::yes:

Chard, hows about we set alight a few tyres to imitate all that industrial smog you are used to, to blot out all that sky? and i'm surprised you have not picked Martin up on his incorrect use of an apostrophe.

Bigthug87, your profile says Wales? not all that close to sunny Sussex unless you have a second home in these parts, more than welcome nonetheless

:) Would you mind popping a few tyres on the bonfire?

I did notice that Martin was implying that "Tosspot is home turf" and that you're planning a meet with a capital M. I also notice that you don't seem to have full command of the use of the capital letter, especially after a question mark, but hey-ho, one thing at a time. We'll get you fluent in crosswords first :lol:

'Ave a banana. (Notice the use of the apostrophe to indicate that I have missed out a letter). :yes:

Edited by Chard

I did notice that Martin was implying that "Tosspot is home turf" and that you're planning a meet with a capital M. I also notice that you don't seem to have full command of the use of the capital letter, especially after a question mark, but hey-ho, one thing at a time. We'll get you fluent in crosswords first :lol:

'Ave a banana. (Notice the use of the apostrophe to indicate that I have missed out a letter). :yes:

Aha, you have fallen into my trap, I think from now on I may or may not throw in a few deliberate smelling mistakes and/or some poor grammar just to keep you on your toes. Please keep a dossier and present to me in a decade or two.

Sure you don't want to visit your family again come Autumn :lol: :lol: .

Aha, you have fallen into my trap, I think from now on I may or may not throw in a few deliberate smelling mistakes and/or some poor grammar just to keep you on your toes. Please keep a dossier and present to me in a decade or two.

Sure you don't want to visit your family again come Autumn :lol::lol: .

:lol:

No respect from these damned pupils these days.

Was the last sentence a question? It's just that you missed out the question mark :lol::lol::lol:

C'mon Chard, get yourself "darn sarf" amongst the real geezers....I reckon you could stuff about 95% of those Essex pansies, they're all hot air and cellulite, this shoot will be a real cracker, a tad tougher than Worsley, but you'll certainly be treated to some Southern hospitality...!! :)

Cat.

Well, there you go matey......don't forget you're still a relative newbie on this forum...still, good to see you back, no doubt family life is bearing pretty heavy on you at the moment... :good: , still, if you fancy another 100 plus day on those Woodies, PM me during the 3rd week in August, I've got thousands of acres to cover, and I'm sure we can have a good day on those wheat stubbles..........bring extra shells.........!!!!! :)

Cat.

You know it wasn't a dig, I enjoy it because I know you both don't actually hate each other but know how to push each others buttons :)

Rob I'd snap your arm off for another day like that, 166 my best ever day and we only got settled at 12 after being moved - it could have so easily been a 250 bird day! First time I've seen someone else's approach to decoying and boy did it work!

Assume I'm up for it, I'll be there. I owe you a return on the golf as well!

Yeah, well I know you'll whoop my **** big time on the golf course, I'm still stuck on 22, played today at WhiteWebbs in Enfield, struggled to get 36 points, the wheels came off big time on the back nine, but, hey ho, that's the way it goes..!!

It's a good job I don't have to earn a living from playing golf..!! :)

Cat.

I've never played there, driven past it a few times though and wondered, any good? I've changed from 3w off the tee after finding a driver I like, it's going long and straight so watch out :)

Let me know closer to the time on these pigeons, I got my pants pulled down over the winter and I need revenge!