My new kit.... but how to fit it out?

After some time of a bad back from carting decoy equipment across the fields (I don't have a 4x4) I decided to buy a folding golf trolley (£5) as it is very light, has fat wheels and a wide wheel base together with a reasonably low centre of gravity.

I know I could just fill the bag and strap it on the trolley, but there must be a better way?

Has anyone else done this and what did you do to fit it out and make it user friendly?

Thanks

Malk

Thanks Harnser,

I am trying to fix the magnet, poles, bouncers to the main chassis with a tray (old milk bottle) at the base to catch the spikes.

I've a bucket seat which straps quite well to the normal golf bag base strap.

I am sure there is much room for improvement........?

A chap I know uses a folding wheelbarrow, its the one with the pneumatic tyre (not solid plastic one).

Yep, I did this several years ago, I used a canvas fold-up barrow, made the canvas into a cammo pattern, and once empty used it as part of the hide.

I am playing about with an electric golf trolley at the moment the ground clearance is not that great at the moment,am working on that,also the battery or batteries can be used to run the magnet, As one gets older one has to think of these luxuries becoming neccesities :blush:

Golf trolley, wheelie bin, quadzilla, tea caddy,wheel barrow, pack mule, giant haversack, dog panniers

the inginuity of you lot knows no bounds.

If you are unable to reduce the amount of kit you need, just recruit an enthusiastic apprentice with strong arms, show him the ropes and hopefully he will help to conserve the sport and eventually take over from you - because the one thing that goes with all of the above 'aids' is thrombie.

CB

Golf trolley, wheelie bin, quadzilla, tea caddy,wheel barrow, pack mule, giant haversack, dog panniers

the inginuity of you lot knows no bounds.

If you are unable to reduce the amount of kit you need, just recruit an enthusiastic apprentice with strong arms, show him the ropes and hopefully he will help to conserve the sport and eventually take over from you - because the one thing that goes with all of the above 'aids' is thrombie.

CB

"Thrombie", now that's an unusual name for a gundog, what is he, lab or spaniel?

I quite like the idea of having a pack mule to go with me when I want to go decoying. I'd need a big hat though and maybe some pan-pipes to go with it.

Seriously, go for a quad but, as my permission's owner keeps telling me, don't go for a cheap knock-off quad. Spend the cash and go for a proper Honda. The cheaper brands (Loncin was the one he mentioned) have a habit of breaking...

• 1 year later...
I am playing about with an electric golf trolley at the moment the ground clearance is not that great at the moment,am working on that,also the battery or batteries can be used to run the magnet, As one gets older one has to think of these luxuries becoming neccesities :good:

Hi Stour-boy how did you get on with your golf trolley mods. i started a new posting come and join in.

Chris