Got after the foxes tonight

AndyCM

The freshly cut fields got a good visit tonight, but osr is not as good as wheat.

They were still able to hide in the osr stalks - they left it mighty long in places - and duck out the way just when the shot was ON.

Saw lots of brocks and a good number of foxes but most lot did not hang around.

post-158-1216948286.jpg post-158-1216948308.jpg post-158-1216948331.jpg

Managed to fuse the Lightforce 170 but had the scope mounted 140 as backup.

The motor had a nicely burnt smell of grass when I pulled up on the drive from all the cut stuff wrapped up underneath, I think my 4x4 is the only one in the street that goes off road :/

Cheers

AndyCM

you cant beat that smell can you .nice shooting

Have to agree with you there, especially when you realise it's not about to burst into flames :lol: , cheers

Nice shooting Andy :good:

Thanks Steve, inspired by some of your 'yote DVD's :yes:

reasonable result? thats a very good result :good:

Hi CZ, yep, ok in the circumstances, but having to drive, open gates, lamp, prepare rifle (load / unload), call, get setup for a shot (off the roof of the vehicle, to get some height to aid visibility), identify the target :blink: call the shot, and find the buggars on my own, use binoculars, two lamps, batteries etc took the numbers down a bit - hence my comment, most did not hang around :hmm: Oh, yeah you have to do all this with minimal noise - make that in silence when the wind drops to nil. + take the odd few seconds to apply eye drops every hour for a scratched eye to keep the Moorfields Doc happy :hmm: Wait a few more seconds 'til you can (almost) see again :blush: . Heavy going alright, but as we all know you don't shoot 'em sitting in the armchair at home.

well done :good:

top man A, good do. :good:

Cheers, we try Mark :lol:

:good: That last one has a good coat.

Yes, it's only now I get to see those details too, no chance when out gone midnight and just happy to find then in the thick cover. That last one was one of those memorable shots. Good and steady, but still memorable if you know what I mean.

Nice shooting Andy! :good: What rifle are you using?

.243, Remmy, with HS Precision stock, timney trigger AU S5 moderator & a Zeiss 8x56, No. 4 reticle (glad you asked? :lol: )

good shooting :good:

Cheers

Battery on charge for the next trip, when the wheat gets cut that really will be a treat :good:

AndyCM

• 1 month later...
you cant beat that smell can you .nice shooting

We were out on an extended trip for most of the night covering several farms, next morning I could smell the landy from 20ft away, the mudpluggers were full of cow manure, sheep **** and duck slurry thank goodness we have no near neighbours although the wifes parting comment was "hose it down pls by the time I get back" yes dear :lol:

IMO its all part of the patna together with the moss and mould from the conifer trees I deliberately allow to grow on it :lol:

Sort of 3 Dimensional cammo scent and vision, just got to disguise the motor to sound like a farm animal :look:

:good: D2D