Dawlish devon

magman

Just got back from Devon. Deffo retiring down there. The last bit of real England

that is one of the things that is destroying rural villages,a high porportion of retired city folk, it upsets the balance and is being cited as one of the factors for closure of village schools in the south west.

Just got back from Devon. Deffo retiring down there. The last bit of real England

No not more furriners. :good::yes:

Have to agree with Plinker. 2 Post Offices, 1 in our town is due to close and 1 in the next village has closed.

As for the Roe stalking i think most of it around Dawlish is the Powderham estates. You can see their Fallow herd from the road beside the river Exe.

Edited by harryhawk

No not more furriners. :good::yes:

Have to agree with Plinker. 2 Post Offices, 1 in our town is due to close and 1 in the next village has closed.

As for the Roe stalking i think most of it around Dawlish is the Powderham estates. You can see their Fallow herd from the road beside the river Exe.

So you'd rather have people having holiday homes down there than people retiring?

Sorry it seems Devon has closed it's borders,

tbh, id prefer people holidaying down here then retiring as people buying houses down here is screwing it over for the locals. when i buy my first house its gonna cost alot more then normal due to none locals who are willing to pay more for there "second home".

But surely those people buying 2nd homes to holiday in are leaving them empty most of the time?

That is pushing up the price just as much as anyone else but they are there a lot more infrequently than someone who retires and brings with them their life savings to spend?

I agree something needs to be done to ensure the next generation can afford to buy a place to live but better than homes standing empty?

However to be honest there's very little that can be done to stop either types moving into an area. Might just retire there myself.

there are two main things that **** me off the most about tourists:

coaches full of germans, dutch and belgiums that for some reason only use the back lanes and drive through the smallest villages and back lanes on dartmoor causing traffics jams, and generally just ******* off the locals.

holiday makers who cant reverse there cars up a straight road.

just got back from devon last saturday after 2 weeks in my caravan

first week was spent in cornwall at a site in perranporth ,lovely beaches

friendly people,enjoyed newquay st austell etc

second week at site in brixam again enjoyed torquay dartmouth etc

but couldnt wait to get back to bonnie scotland ,since ive been back

ive had a day at the roe bucks a night lamping fox and an afternoon

pigeon shooting :yes: god its a hard life :good:

• 3 weeks later...