tracer cartridges

i used these some time ago and i thought i had been ripped off as when i shot with them i seen nothing but as you are shooting the gun you dont see any thing if some one is stood behind you they will see some thing as it fires a little silver disc that spins in the air i know its a disc as i took one apart sadly there is no green glow or any thing eles that you think you would see

Vermin Dropper,

I know of 2 manufacturers.

Acetrace Cartridges Ltd Tru-Tracer

Unit 10 Lexden Lodge Ind. Est., Kent Cartridges

Jarvis Brook,Crowborough, Now Gamebore

East Sussex. TN6 2EG Great Union ST.,

Hull

Yes everyone is correct they are quite poor, you need someone looking from behind your shoulder to see the tracer which is a white light, like a sparkler or magnesium burning.Save your money and get a good instructor or experienced person to give you some guidance.

Regards Salopian

Could even arrange for Red Stag to meet us.

Don't know what my parents would say about me going off shooting with someone I met off the internet. No offence of course :lol:

:( Red in my letter files is one from yourself inviting me to your shooting ground a couple of months ago. :lol:

Could even arrange for Red Stag to meet us.

Don't know what my parents would say about me going off shooting with someone I met off the internet. No offence of course :lol:

:( Red in my letter files is one from yourself inviting me to your shooting ground a couple of months ago. :D

It was a team trip, plenty of us about :lol:

Again, I mean no offence Ern.

Obviously there are different types of tracer cartridges. :(

In the ones I used (the two that worked :lol: ), it was almost as if the individual shot was lit up.

I'm sure if you had one of those very fast cameras , you could have taken a picture and counted the shot.

Very similar to firing up a very dusty track, when the stringing of the shot becomes very apparent.

Just getting back to topic for a second....

It appears that people seem to have got it into their heads that I'm a **** shot, I'm not **** at all, (well...not that bad anyway  :lol: ) I was just told about Tracers and wondered if they were any good for practise. :lol:

just to clarify VD , not calling you a **** shot :( ,im just basing my opinion on what i see and know when instructing myself ,if your eye travels anywhere other than the target your focal point will change ,therfore looking for a "flashing lights /burning shot /spinning disc"

realy defeats the object of "practice" dont you think ??

i honestly dont know the reason they were made ,but cannot for the life of me find one either, just my opinion.

you know what they say VD practice, practice, practice,and dont use tracers.

yours honestly

martin

Pardon me if I have missed something, did I not say that it is better to have an experienced coach looking over your shoulder to assess where you are shooting?I also gave a description of the visual effects ( like a white light, or magnesium burning)I have 60 of them in stock from 3 different manufacturers and none of them have silver discs inside.I would not advise anyone to use them for fault diagnosis for themselves.I repeat you need an experienced person to tell you where you are placing the pattern in relationship to the target.Salopian

Just getting back to topic for a second....

It appears that people seem to have got it into their heads that I'm a **** shot, I'm not **** at all, (well...not that bad anyway :( ) I was just told about Tracers and wondered if they were any good for practise. :lol:

Methinks he doth protest to much.

Its allright VD.

We cant all be good shots. We need the bad un's to make us mediocre shots look good. Think of it not as being a bad shot, but doing the rest of us a favour.

Jim