2008 Olympics.

Cranfield

The Opening Ceremony is on Friday and I can't really whip up any enthusiasm at all.

I couldn't name many of our competitors and I am not planning any TV viewing marathons.

IF any Brits get through to a final (thats not synchronised ping pong) I might watch it, but thats pretty long odds.

With us hosting the next one there had better not be too many people like me around, or thats going to be like a lead balloon.

Interestingly on the Radio yesterday they are predicting a record number of medals for Great Britain :good:

I know that counts for nothing until they are actually won, and it may also be the kiss of death, but it may not be as bad as some years.

It's a pity that for athletes an olympic gold medal is still probably the ultimate accolade, and yet somehow the event has lost it's appeal.

Is Richard Faulds shooting this time round?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/oly...icle4448685.ece

It has a lot to do with it being in China, I can't get any enthusiasm about it either. Probably the most interesting bit will be watching the news as the authorities loose the plot about having to relax news coverage etc we may well see a lot more of what happens behind usually closed doors.

Interestingly on the Radio yesterday they are predicting a record number of medals for Great Britain :good:

I know that counts for nothing until they are actually won, and it may also be the kiss of death, but it may not be as bad as some years.

It's a pity that for athletes an olympic gold medal is still probably the ultimate accolade, and yet somehow the event has lost it's appeal.

Is Richard Faulds shooting this time round?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/oly...icle4448685.ece

Yes, Faulds is there, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't fancy his chances for another Gold medal, I think other competitors have upped their game a tad since last time around.

Cat.

A lot of my apathy has to do with the drugs in sport situation.

They have already sent about 10 athletes home for failing tests and how many of the medals awarded will be withdrawn in the next year or so , when its proved the competitor was on something.

The UK also don't seem to have the big characters of the track events anymore.

"A lot of my apathy has to do with the drugs in sport situation", Advice needed :- well I'm taking atenenol (reduces high blood pressure), aspirin (reduces risk of heart attack) and pravastatins (reduces cholesterol production) it does NOT do my game any good, what should I take to improve my performance at sporting clays ?

M.

"A lot of my apathy has to do with the drugs in sport situation", Advice needed :- well I'm taking atenenol (reduces high blood pressure), aspirin (reduces risk of heart attack) and pravastatins (reduces cholesterol production) it does NOT do my game any good, what should I take to improve my performance at sporting clays ?

M.

Stop going to your GP and find yourself a Candy Man (otherwise known as a Sports Coach) . :good:

I'm afraid I have zero interest in the Olympics this year, and it will receive no TV time in the Browning household.

The next Olympics will hold even less interest for me and will have exactly the same viewing time, especially knowing how much

money has been wasted and will be wasted. Well done Mr Coe 'et al'. :good::yes::good::oops:

Daley Thopmpson.... What a legend! He was my hero when I was a kid, the man that could do _everything_. He was on an advert the other night on telly and he hasn't really changed. Ok, so his tache is a bit grey...

I read in the paper somewhere that the target for medals has actually been upped by the people that set them. The GB team is now expected to get 41 medals. What happens if they don't? Public whippings?

It is a real shame that we send one rifleman to compete and 4 or 5 hangers on to soak up the atmosphere for when they compete at 2012.

Why can't the hangers on compete now? why do we have to send the all the way to china to aclimatise to living in Stratford? Surely we could send them to stratford?

It is a complete sham and the biggest waste of taxpayers money since the Millenium Dome.