Braintree SG Meet

Markio

Thought i'd start a new topic to draw some attention to it.

So who would like to shoot the new (hopefully! <_<) layout at Braintree? Dates suggested are Saturdays Sep 6th or Sep 20th to get the ball rolling. Opening times are as they used to be on Saturdays, 9am til 1pm.

Date decided: 20th September

Edited by Markio

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this open to anyone especially people without a shot gun liscense as i haven't got one just yet , but is being processed at the moment so i may have it by then. I would obviously pay for clays and cartridges and time if needed as i haven't shot for about ten years. i would need to have supervision and loan of a gun to make it all legal many thanks if somebody could assist. And the 6th is best for me but can make it either way

Alex

Edited by jasons gold

Markio,

It rings a bell that MC has a shoot going on the August weekend you suggested.

LV

So it is, i had that in my calender as well, well spotted! I've taken the 23rd Aug out and added another September date to the original post.

Is this open to anyone especially people without a shot gun liscense as i haven't got one just yet , but is being processed at the moment so i may have it by then. I would obviously pay for clays and cartridges and time if needed as i haven't shot for about ten years. i would need to have supervision and loan of a gun to make it all legal many thanks if somebody could assist. And the 6th is best for me but can make it either way

Alex

Can anyone confirm that Alex as a non SGC holder can shoot with us under SGC holder supervision is all legal etc? I believe it is. If so then excellent. They sell carts on site and i'm sure everyone will offer their gun for a round.

Alex

Can anyone confirm that Alex as a non SGC holder can shoot with us under SGC holder supervision is all legal etc? I believe it is. If so then excellent. They sell carts on site and i'm sure everyone will offer their gun for a round.

Section 11(6) of the Firearms Act 1968 states:

"A person may, without holding a shotgun certificate, use a shotgun at a time and place approved for shooting at artificial targets by the chief officer of police for the area in which that place is situated."

1. The organiser of any clay pigeon shoot at which persons who do not hold a shot gun certificate wish to shoot must apply to the Chief Officer for the area in which the shoot is to take place for an exemption under section 11(6) of the 1968 Firearms Act.

2. This allows non-certificate holders to possess shot guns at a time and place approved by the Chief Officer for shooting at artificial targets which normally, though not exclusively, includes clay pigeons.

You would assume that a shooting ground has the required exemption in 1., most have.

Not sure yet, busy month September. I'll know nearer the time...... :D

We need another 'It's in the ******* air Bob....'

We've just come back from it, it was today. Where were you?

Next week is at Colchester.

"Who the ****s Mark?"

I thought that was your name, but somebody at today's shoot said "Doesn't Mark look like Graham Norton?", so if you would prefer Graham, that's cool.

Graham-Norton-911-18523278-0-0-2287-150.jpg

Edited by bob300w

"Who the ****s Mark?"

I thought that was your name, but somebody at today's shoot said "Doesn't Mark look like Graham Norton?", so if you would prefer Graham, that's cool.

******, the old fool is right. :good:

So far in my life time i've looked like:

Nigel Havers

Chris Martin (when i had floppy hair)

Richard Ashcroft

... and now, big gay Al, AKA Graham Norton. And numerous other i can't remember, in short, all the ugly ****s.

Edited by Markio

"Who the ****s Mark?"

******, the old fool is right. :lol:

Nigel Havers

Richard Ashcroft

... and now, big gay Al, AKA Graham Norton. And numerous other i can't remember, in short, all the ugly ****s.

Actually, I disagreed with the person who said it, I said "No, Graham Norton is younger and has more hair". :good:

"Who the ****s Mark?"

******, the old fool is right. :lol:

Nigel Havers

Richard Ashcroft

Actually, I disagreed with the person who said it, I said "No, Graham Norton is younger and has more hair". :good:

There's an obvious answer to that!