Braintree SG Meet

Markio

The new tower is workng, very high birds but not too difficult, the stands are much the same at the end of the field the first 2/3 on theleft are no longer there. The hardest stand (IMO) is thelast stand a pair of oscillating incomers witht the spring wound up tight, that if it comes straight towards you is very quick.

As with any ground it changes with the wind strength and direction.

p.s. a tad muddy under foot yesterday so boots/wellies are in order for wet days.

M.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five be there?

I will try and be there but I suspect a large hangover (driven day on the Friday before) and a possible work party that will need some careful avoiding (I will get my secretary to do that).

Incidentally Mark, I made the fatal mistake of picking up Lucky Dave's gun from Essex Gun without a gun slip. Hey presto the immediate purchase of a £10 Napier roller slip and yet another gun slip I don't need.

You now have the choice between the really **** and torn one I never use and the slightly **** one I put my Mossberg in when I know it's raining and going to be muddy

Have we had any reports about the ground since the new owners took over ?

Broken Man (Carl) went there the other day and said that there are very few traps in comparison to before and that it isnt the ground that it used to be i.e. no high tower etc.

Have we had any reports about the ground since the new owners took over ?

Broken Man (Carl) went there the other day and said that there are very few traps in comparison to before and that it isnt the ground that it used to be i.e. no high tower etc.

MGMan saidd the tower was back up and running. I have seen it shortly after the take over and there weren't as many traps and to be fair not the variation that there once was.

But that was a month ago so hopefully it's perked up a bit.

Outside? Screw that, i'll be inside with tea and a bacon butty! You'll recognise me, i'll be the one pretending to be busy while someone else gets the teas and bacon butties in.

You mean you'll be the one who can't reach his money, Short arms and deep pocket syndrome.

Outside? Screw that, i'll be inside with tea and a bacon butty! You'll recognise me, i'll be the one pretending to be busy while someone else gets the teas and bacon butties in.

You mean you'll be the one who can't reach his money, Short arms and deep pocket syndrome.

Thought that would wake you up! And yes, that's what i said! :whistling:

Had a good shoot this morning with Bob (we passed on your fondest regards DustyFox), Fatcatsplat, Jasons Gold and tomleatel. The scores won't be repeated but needles to say we all hate Braintree now, it is a silly ground.

Seriously, i was a bit disappointed with the new ground. There were a few nice additions to the small layout i last saw but all of those seemed to be on one stand (6 traps on that stand). Lots of almost repeated targets unless you moved to the sportrap layout where at least there was some variation. The high tower was high (they got that right) but again there were three traps hanging off it that you shot from three different cages, and in essence the same bird (that's target for you CPSA/founding member types).

Having said all that it was a very enjoyable morning with excellent weather and great company. Oh and the mother/daughter combination in the tea hut will keep me occupied for a while. :blink: :birthday:

I think another meet at Fyfield in on the cards! :yes:

MGMan and I trudged round (neither of us saw anybody we recognised), muttering about the tower targets. It was my worst performance at a clay ground in many years. I put my score card through the shredder. I would go back to the ground though.

Well you won't recognise anyone! You have a ask about! :blink:

Markio's comments seconded. Somehow my scorecard ended up getting severely burnt when i got home!! Good bunch of chaps and i do believe that it was Markio that stumped up for the teas at the end of the day.

I think everyone agreed that the birds were difficult, But at the end of the day we all had fun with a great bunch of lads and i took Fatcatsplat advice and coated my score card in jam and left it to the dogs to take care of . Markio certainly did buy all the teas.

Hi All,

We both went up-to a table full of likely candidates at 09:30 but both got the usual strange answers, they must have thought we were some sort of masons or the like. How ever Baldrick and I enjoyed ourselves in the sunny weather, and forgot the tower, the long range Teal, I would have said in the wild, I would have not shot at, as it was too far away.

I didn't see any other PW badges but then it was sunny.

M.

Edited by MGMan