Game Dealers

Spaniel

Have you tried yell.com?

http://www.yell.com/quickclicks/SP/P/Poult...alers/bristol/1

Dont know if you know them already

They look more like Chicken Sellers than Dead Pigeon Buyers.

We do have a thread pinned at the top of the "Welcome" section that is called "Useful Links", in there we have a group called "Game Dealers".

If anyone has any contact information for any Game Dealers, if you PM it to me, we are happy to add it to the list.

Have you tried yell.com?

http://www.yell.com/quickclicks/SP/P/Poult...alers/bristol/1

Dont know if you know them already

They look more like Chicken Sellers than Dead Pigeon Buyers.

Yes sorry but they could have contacts

We do have a thread pinned at the top of the "Welcome" section that is called "Useful Links", in there we have a group called "Game Dealers".

If anyone has any contact information for any Game Dealers, if you PM it to me, we are happy to add it to the list.

Yes a good idea. I typed in Game dealers on google and got one for Northants area so far.

http://www.gamedealers.net/

What are game dealers paying at present, my local was paying 50p fresh and 25p for frozen earlier in the year but last week was only paying 14p fresh hardly worth the diesel to take them up there.

I suppose its supply and demand and theres lots of pidgeons being shot in large numbers at present, but it would be interesting to see what people are getting around the country.

Currently getting .25p for fresh which is about as high as it gets round here. Rabbits .30p but about to rise to .50p again about as good as it gets. Can get somewhere between .10p & .18p at different times for frozen all year round. Should say this is 'as is' guts in fur/feather on.

Edited by Highlander

i get £1.50 for a 2 breasts cut of the bone, tear the skin cut them off, £1.50, all u have to is cut out the middle man, and u can afford to shoot 1 pigeon with 10 shells!

Hi

Are you selling straight to a Butcher or Resturant then, rather then using a Game Dealer.

I think there is a guy in Fairford Glos who will pay 20p frozen for a Pigeon but i think you have to deliver about 200 at a time...

Cheers

i get £1.50 for a 2 breasts cut of the bone, tear the skin cut them off, £1.50, all u have to is cut out the middle man, and u can afford to shoot 1 pigeon with 10 shells!

I thought I was doing well at 60p/2 breasts (1 bird). :yes:

At least it covers the excess shells when you shoot more than you can eat! :good:

Si

Be very careful. If you sell to the public or direct to the food trade you need a game dealers licence from your local council, they have to come out and do an inspection of your larder/chiller. If you don't have a licence you are breaking the law and will get serious trouble if someone gets e-coli from your birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Good point Mark,

I think you need a food hygene certificate for preparing?

Anyhow i managed to find a taker for my pigeons, it was 40p in feather frozen, then 30p now 20p.

I'll keep them in the freezer utill the price goes up! It's not quite stock's & shares!

Cheers