Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks bud I was just worried about remembering everything exactly right as I have had quite a busy three years , I have nothing to hide so I should be ok , I am well known at my local club for the fac side and have been to the clay club a few times also and have previous experience of shooting pigeon,duck and the occasional beater shoot many moons ago .

They say cheques will be automatically cashed as a measure of security.
In the event your application is rejected it will be refunded.
Years ago ! The cashing of the cheque was an indication your cert was on its way, but now things have changed.
Not to say you will not be successful in your aplication but I would take the cheque been cashed as a matter of formality .
In a nutshell !
It is one of the first things they do in General practice these days.
There are still a lot of things which can go wrong, and a lot of reasons that an application can be refused.
Start expecting you certificates when you have had your visit from the Licensing Officer and he has given you the informal ( All is OK )
Thanks

I just had my interview today and it seemed to go well , just have to wait for the medical report and see what happens ! Ps police Scotland seem to be very quick compared to some other police forces .

Nice one. I have my interview this afternoon, after about 7 weeks of application with Nottinghamshire police. Off to buy some nice biscuits first! B)

Well, that was quick - in and out within 20 minutes. Asked some standard questions, asked me why I wanted a gun and so forth. Quite a friendly chap, a shooter himself.

Only interesting point was my question about the keys to the gun safe. If anything ever happened to me, then how does the gun safe get opened again? Obviously I can't tell my wife, and only another SGC holder would be able to have access to a gun safe. The only thing he suggested would be to exchange a spare set with someone I might shoot with, so we've got each other covered should the worst happen!

It was suggested by my FEO but he also said the reality is you'd need someone with the right licenses and slots available etc or an RFD so most of the time it's just a locksmith and an RFD who will just take them on...

... Important thing to note, a friend has a note in his cabinet that says words to the effect of "if you're reading this I'm dead, these guns are worth a lot more than I told you so don't get shafted by the RFD" which is something we can all identify with

Did they ask you to supply a report with your application?, if so it's not required by law and you should let BASC know which forces are still trying this on.

No they didn't ask for a report , I just thought it wise to ask for a copy of the letter from the police AND a copy of the reply from the doctor .

I'm just trying to keep myself appraised of the situation as I go along.

Edited by nighteye