Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you been chasing them up, mine were 4 months for FAC, 4 weeks for SGC with Xmas between. D&C area

Every now and again,

Just waiting for the feo to call to come over and check the cabinet and give me my ticket,

He got it wednesday so could be anyday now, but if i haven't heard by wednesday i'll give him a buzz,

I was quite reluctant to chase them too much after hearing stories of people chasing them and getting their application put to the bottom of the pile lol

Every now and again,

Just waiting for the feo to call to come over and check the cabinet and give me my ticket,

He got it wednesday so could be anyday now, but if i haven't heard by wednesday i'll give him a buzz,

I was quite reluctant to chase them too much after hearing stories of people chasing them and getting their application put to the bottom of the pile lol

bloody hell thats a long wait took me about 7 weeks for sgc just before christmas and it only took 3weeks for my FAC and that was devon and cornwall

How can this be right

I haven't a clue, I can only guess that its because i have such a rocky background which needed further checks or something like that lol

But then again the guys that run the local rfd have been telling me that they have had people waiting longer who go in there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GMP are probably the best in the country from what i know...When i worked at target sports nobody had a bad word to say about them. Lancashire on the other hand are very hard work.

I'm in Lancashire in fact Darwen too and will be look at getting a SGC in the next few months when funds allow but in what way are Lancashire hard work?

Edited by nickson71

I`m 2 weeks in waiting for west midland police to get in touch,although my application has to be directed to staffordshire police who have now merged with west mids.

A work mate contacted staffordshire firearms department as he wants a larger safe,and was told there is a 12 week waiting list.

Edited by Linus

• 2 months later...

13 weeks and 2 days after my Humberside Police interview my SGC has arrived, so just over 16 weeks in total from me posting application off and getting cert back. Good/bad? Just happy to be able to buy shotgun and get shooting before Christmas!!

Edited by Dragonby38

I posted mine on sept 1st and got my SGC on 5th Nov. This was West Mids/Staffordshire.

I had two police officers come and interview me and they recommended any documents that need to go to the merged firearms licensing department of West Mids and Staffs goes recorded delivery. Anyone living in the West Mids who have anything sent to the West Mids police force address will have it sent via internal mail to Staffs. Things have been lost or severely delayed. Proof of posting has apparently helped out several people.