• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My SGC finally arrived today! So all in all:

Police Force: Nottinghamshire
Posted Application: 6th Feb (special delivery)
Confirmed of receipt: 7th Feb
Interview Date: 2nd April
Certificate Arrival Date: 15th April (dated, though arrived on the 22nd)
Rejection Letter Arrival Date: N/A
Total time for application: Around 9-10 weeks.

It's a little longer than I hoped, but at least it's now finished...

FINALLY got my license...

Police Force: Gwent Police (Wales)

Posted: 13th Jan 2014

Confirmation: Received 15th Jan, confirm via phone call at end of Jan 14, as Gwent Police don't do confirmation letters, which is fair enough.

Interview: Interview date 31st March 2014, was scheduled on 21st March 2014

Received Grant: 24th April 2014

Total Weeks: A few days under 15 weeks....

How did you manage that?! I put mine in with Nottinghamshire Police on 10 Jan and have got my interview on 30th April! That makes it a little under 16 weeks before I've even been seen and your has been done dusted and in your hand in 10 weeks?!

Did you get the crazy new girl?

My mate !
Over a year ago now he had his license revoked as the police attended his house one Sunday when he was with his family
....Please read on.........
His license was issued under a north east Licensing dept I personally will not name. But I know of the department.
His son visited him and said hello, so he was invited in for lunch ( as you would )
After a short while a huge knock came to his door, when he opened the door he was stormed by police the police were apparently looking for the son of my mate....
His son did not live at this address he was simply on a visit. And my mate knew nothing about what was happening.
My mate did not know anything what the situation was and began asking what are you here for and "yes getting irate" his house was suddenly mobbed by strangers..
He began to say sentences like what the ******* **** what are you doing.
Maybe more said but ......beside the point !
He was given a on the spot fine for anti social behavior £80....and his shotgun license removed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
He appealed the decision , went to court and won the case with no cost's and was awarded his certificate back as it was a miscarriage of justice !!!!!
So there we go he is not guilty...Won his case and all is fine ?
Not as simple as that .
The firearms licensing kind of had to bow down as this was a court decision .
But They didn't
They decided not to allow him to have guns in his premises for a further 12 months
( Like a probationary period as to speak )
That was to end on 15th Feb 2014
This is the date today 24th April 2014 and he still is not allowed to keep guns in his house although the time lapse has expired,
he does contact them and the excuses seem to be getting more feeble by the moment.
So to move on.....
He has to keep his guns in his friends cabinet that lives close by as agreed by the firearms department.
_________
Now a situation arises.
He comes back from shooting after collecting a shotgun from him around the arranged time but the person where he is keeping his guns at their house is not in !
He lives within 5 mins walking distance away from his own home where he has a perfectly secure gun cabinet but the firearms will not allow the gun to be kept there
even though it was supposed to be finalized on the 15th Feb this year and he is a license holder.
So he had to stand in the street....A Housing estate for 3 hours with a gun in a bag until his mate came in to store the gun.
_______
He phoned the FLO and told them of this incident but apparently they have no record of the finalized date for "having guns back in the house" being the 15th Feb
that he can keep guns back in his own secure home.
Now he is in Limbo over a year later. No regular contact from FLD in his force area and this factor makes the lad feel like it is best he does not go and collect the gun to go shooting in-case after his day he can not have it quickly
stored away in a secure legal environment .
IS THIS A FARCE OR WHAT !
He is not a member of BASC only because his financial circumstances do not stretch that far otherwise he would.

How did you manage that?! I put mine in with Nottinghamshire Police on 10 Jan and have got my interview on 30th April! That makes it a little under 16 weeks before I've even been seen and your has been done dusted and in your hand in 10 weeks?!

My secret (if it is a secret) was to keep ringing them up! I rang after about 3 weeks, then 6, then 8, just as a friendly and polite 'see how it's going' kind of thing. Each time it seemed to nudge things forward a little more...

Did you get the crazy new girl?

I have put a deposit down, but should be picking it up just over a week - getting a Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporter, and really looking forward to it.

My secret (if it is a secret) was to keep ringing them up! I rang after about 3 weeks, then 6, then 8, just as a friendly and polite 'see how it's going' kind of thing. Each time it seemed to nudge things forward a little more...

How strange! I rang after about 4 weeks and was told by the Sargent to ring back mid April as they were massively busy and had a back log and it wouldn't be looked at until then.

How strange! I rang after about 4 weeks and was told by the Sargent to ring back mid April as they were massively busy and had a back log and it wouldn't be looked at until then.

When I rang the first time (which was in Feb) they did say that typically applications were going to be between 12-16 weeks, so I guess I'm still surprised mine came through when it did!

Just thought I would let you all know how Lancashire are doing, application sent on 8th April, email confirmation received on 15th April, FEO visit today, 28th and should have certificate within 2 weeks. That's just about 34 days from application, I cannot complain about that given some of the stories in this thread. Two weeks then till the shopping spree, cannot wait.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my application in on 1st May to West Mercia and they have confirmed that they recieved it on 2nd May so it's just a case of wait and see now, the only thing I can't work out is because west mercia and Warwickshire have merged (i live in warwickshire) who is going to do what, I have been told that Warwickshire usually take about 8 weeks but West Mercia can take about 20 weeks so I'm hoping that the merger doesn't slow Warwickshire down as after having a couple of lessons i'm pretty much hooked but paying to use the clubs guns and cartridges makes it pretty exspensive.

Getting an FEO visit on the 20th of May :) TVPFD are quoting 60 days on application, so considering I put in my SGC app on the 26th March, it's not too bad..

This is a new SGC app, but considering I already had Section 1 FAC I was hoping that it was going to be a bit quicker... :(

Got my interview for SGC today!

Application was sent 26th March

Acknowledgement received 3rd April

Phone call received arranging joint interview date with my Dad on 16th April (They only phoned my Dad, I haven't actually spoke with an FEO!

Found it quite strange that the FEO arranged a date to do both. I'm classed as Staffordshire whereas my Dad is West Midlands (I understand its the same firearms licensing unit under the merge) It makes sense though as I will be storing my guns at my Dad's house, on the application as shared storage, also cost cutting!

Already have a deposit down on a Beretta 686 so hoping all goes well later today!

Got my interview for SGC today!

Application was sent 26th March

Acknowledgement received 3rd April

Phone call received arranging joint interview date with my Dad on 16th April (They only phoned my Dad, I haven't actually spoke with an FEO!

Found it quite strange that the FEO arranged a date to do both. I'm classed as Staffordshire whereas my Dad is West Midlands (I understand its the same firearms licensing unit under the merge) It makes sense though as I will be storing my guns at my Dad's house, on the application as shared storage, also cost cutting!

Already have a deposit down on a Beretta 686 so hoping all goes well later today!

Interview went well. said to expect the certificate within 1 - 2 weeks !

I am now going on 9 weeks since application and it has only just been passed to the powers that be upstairs, (thought this would happen due to my disability) .

The waiting game is not much fun though !

Worst thing is a mate has a sbs ready to transfer to me as soon as the certificate comes in :)

Police Force: Kent

Posted: 29th April 2014

Interview: 20th May (I had to delay it a week as on holiday so would have been 12th)

FAO said would have license in up to 6 weeks so counting down the days

Total Weeks: 3 so far

As an aside I have to say that I thought the FAO was a real nice guy. My cabinet is "floating" above the skirting board and was worried he might not like it and to be fair he did practical swing on it but all good in the end.

I will update when I get my license..... probably in the form of lots of photos of useless random purchases, impulsive gun buys and annoying questions about best cartridges and auto's as those subjects aren't really covered on here... :whistling:

Just thought I would let you all know how Lancashire are doing, application sent on 8th April, email confirmation received on 15th April, FEO visit today, 28th and should have certificate within 2 weeks. That's just about 34 days from application, I cannot complain about that given some of the stories in this thread. Two weeks then till the shopping spree, cannot wait.

Graham

Just had the call, I can pick up my certificate tomorrow (decided to do that given some problems we have had with the post)

Looks like shopping time now. Hopefully see some of you at Kelbrook or Coniston soon.

Graham