Gary Glitter

pavman

The point I was making in my original post, and the one I chose to expand upon, was that criminal justice is not something that should be governed by passion and mob-rule. Instead it should be applied evenly, according to the severity of the offence committed.

Agreed. But are we satisfied the law is applied evenly, according to the offence committed?

All to often I read about Judges making dubious decisions. If we are to defend the rule of law then perhaps those within the justice system who are responsible for upholding it should adopt a more even handed approach and clean their act up? Part of the problem, as I see it, is the public are fast loosing confidence in our justice system for this reason among others.

Maybe a topic for another discussion :lol:

Edited by Bagsy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the sentiments expressed about the criminal justice system, flawed that it is. However, because LS has not towed the line 100% with the baying mob to call for Gadd's immediate execution upon return to the UK he has been accused as being a "sympathiser", and that is most certainly not on.

Crimes of this nature are not properly addressed by "the system" because of the nature of the beast. These people are chemically and mentally wired up wrong and plenty of offenders refuse to submit to the treatment on offer by the "system" - whilst they may not get out early on parole by refusing the treatment on offer, once they serve their time they are free but the "system" has not addressed the underlying problem i.e. their mental and chemical state. I believe that one of the solutions available is the castration of persistant sex offenders (chemical or otherwise). If there was a type of offence where the leopard is not likely to change its spots, then this is it. If someone kills someone in a bar brawl it does not automatically follow that he will kill again if given a drink or going into a pub. However, the likes of Gadd should permanently be excluded from all contact with children and the internet of this I am certain.

the Vietnamese should of locked him in a cage with a tiger, see how he get on then.

class :lol:

The TV footage of him smiling in court while the victims mother was distraught said it all

(my first point, she was about to make more money than she could dream of, i dont care what anybody says). He is a predator and shows no feeling or remorse. I think the fact that he was a major celebrity will make certain his life will never be normal and he will always have to look over his shoulder.

but, what about the ones who have been on the end of a miscarrige of justice? we have all been quick to decide how many tigers he should face, when are we 100% sure that he commited the crimes he was imprisioned for.

Colin Stagg

Barry George

Matthew Kelly

Lee Clegg

John Lesley

all accused of something that they insisted they are innocent of.

I hope he did do it so that all doubt can be removed from our minds. But what if he didnt? this great country of ours can send people away for a long time, yet they have been innocent all along. what makes us think that a far eastern country that has only just began to rebuild itself, can issue penalties based on corruption and lies. Is it right for us to follow the media, and condemn every person who is reported to be in the wrong.

i feel so sorry for the people involved if its true, and he has served (not long enough) his time. I dont think he should be allowed to carry on a normal life, as the other monsters do. at least we are aware of one "celeb" monster and there might be others out there, who knows.

i know its a bit deep for me, and ill remove my "sensible" cell now and go back to being a soft sod.

ps, his music is still **** :hmm:

Edited by martinmoreton

This is whats wrong with this country to many left wing do goods making the rules ,rights for prisoners, soap dodgers,terriorists and anybody else

who shoud,nt be here or who are crooks ! england wants to wake up and smell the roses there DEAD

Anyone who has been proving to have comitted the crime of any sort to the minor.

Is scum and not fit enough to walk this planet.

They do not deserve anyones sympathy.

And if anyone thinks they can be helped.They are past help.

Just spend time with the child who has been abused . Then see if you still come out of there thinking they can be helped .

suzy

I agree with the sentiments expressed about the criminal justice system, flawed that it is. However, because LS has not towed the line 100% with the baying mob to call for Gadd's immediate execution upon return to the UK he has been accused as being a "sympathiser", and that is most certainly not on.

Crimes of this nature are not properly addressed by "the system" because of the nature of the beast. These people are chemically and mentally wired up wrong and plenty of offenders refuse to submit to the treatment on offer by the "system" - whilst they may not get out early on parole by refusing the treatment on offer, once they serve their time they are free but the "system" has not addressed the underlying problem i.e. their mental and chemical state. I believe that one of the solutions available is the castration of persistant sex offenders (chemical or otherwise). If there was a type of offence where the leopard is not likely to change its spots, then this is it. If someone kills someone in a bar brawl it does not automatically follow that he will kill again if given a drink or going into a pub. However, the likes of Gadd should permanently be excluded from all contact with children and the internet of this I am certain.

Well said that man, spot on!!

I must step in on behalf of my noble friend.

He's not defending Gadd, the penalties / safeguards in place or anything else about this case.

He's simply saying (correct me if I'm wrong LS) that the rule of law is paramount. If the law needs changing, so be it, but there can be no place for extra-judicial punishment. But in the end the law is the law, something most people on here (presumably) accept.

Just one tiger DF? You're getting soft in your old age :lol: .

Robert

Yeah just one for two reasons.

1) Tigers a solitary animals they will probably fight each other.

2) I want it to be shown to those kids that he has abused so I will only want one tiger to make the show last longer. :hmm:

cant belive we are even debating this. :lol: we know nowt will happen to him. just like all the others. we cannot control stuff like this, so lets talk about my shed instead. :blush:

eh, ill tell you something, my loft is nearly finished. cant bloomin wait, its only taken me 12 months of on/off half days. you know what its like. anyway, i wanted it as a bit of a study/office and had it all planned out, but when the floor and windows went in, my son decides he would like it as his room :hmm: . Oh the kerfuffle. so today, ive put the skirting board in, and all ive left to do is fit the doors on the storage areas, and then paint. do you want to see some pics?? well, do you?? :blink:

"he did the crime and he`s done the time " what a load of testicles ,What about the victims

Hear hear, most people on here can't identify me so I can safely post that my partner was abused by a family member as a child, and, over 30 years later despite counselling etc still has nightmares, hang-ups and issues.

So any Paul Gadd sympathisers need their hard drives and video collections checking out by the local constabulary.

"Do you wanna be in my gang" not *****g likely!

Hang the ****

Nige

Okay, to spell this out for the terminally stupid - Gary Glitter aka Paul Gadd will arrive in the UK as a free man albeit a sex offender with a criminal past. He may be required to sign a register and have restrictions placed on him, but he will not go to prison unless there are fresh charges for him to face and be prosecuted for.

Pointing out that he is actually "free" and has served his time does not make anyone a nonse, peado or sympathiser. It is simply "fact".

We all may wish him dead and call for him to be hanged or shot (I myself think he should be castrated) however none of these will actually happen.

EDIT.

Incidentally anyone messing with my kids can look forward to an unmarked lime pit grave in 1000 acres of finest Essex Countryside :lol:

Edited by Mungler

and ive put a nice loft ladder in as well............................................................................

mungler is right (hate to admit it :hmm: ) . what are we all bothered about. its not as if hes going to have surgery and change his face. we know what he looks like and if you see him, you dont have to talk to him, and you dont have to ask him to babysit, so dont worry.

i dont know how some of you lot sleep at night for worry :lol:

This is a good post as was Baggsy's and LS.

I've only read the first two pages, but most of the contributions are mad.

Nobody here sympathises with child abuse, especially not with the most horrible abuse of the very young which is deeply monstrous and beyond explanation.

The suggestion that LS is a sympathiser is offensive. The problem is what to do with recidivist criminals and make no mistake, a large proportion of criminals are habitual offenders, not just child abusers. Actually, I have read research papers from the States that show that sex offenders are reconvicted much less often than other criminals THOUGH THERE ARE A SMALL PROPORTION OF PREDATORY MADMEN WHO MAKE A LIFELONG HABIT OF IT. These according to the American research are much less common than is often believed. We are the subject of a myth put about by lefty social workers here that SEX OFFENDERS IN GENERAL are incurable. They are less incurable than burglars, violent thugs and thieves. None of this takes away the fact that we are more revolted by what they have done. I do think though that this has become the new 'witchcraft' - the thing that has the mob howling for mutilation and a painful death. What's more, any of you lot who have looked longingly at some 15 and half year old trollop, half dressed on the high street share the same tendencies - maybe that is what makes people start calling for mutilation and putting the unpleasant Mr Gad into a cage with wild animals.

Our prisons in general are hopelessly lost. Gangsters, I read this morning have made several jails dangerous. What I want to know is why prisoners are walking about hurting one another, intimidating staff, and getting away with it. Jails should be single celled units or cages. No prisoner should be free to injure anybody, because they should all be totally confined alone. In my jails if I was in charge, inmates would receive only a survival diet unless they fully cooperated with education and rehabilitation. Most prisoners are almost totally uneducated. They would be confined with a firewalled computer system which presented education and rehabilitation material and nothing else. Cooperation and effort would lead to rewards like association, sport, better food, and family visits. Violence, insubordination, corrupting others and idleness would mean solitary confinement, less and worse food, and no privileges whatsoever. The idea that we allow prisoners to wander around injuring one another, bullying staff, and perverting others shows how far gone this country is.

180px-Prison_cell.jpg

Edited by Evilv

In the cases of those who act out of a psychological predilection, their punishment should perhaps be tackled differently, so that the punishment (and it should be a punishment in the event of a crime being committed) has a longer-term constructive effect.

But once the period of punishment is over, if further rehabilitation of the offender is required for their own good or the good of society in general, then this should be applied sympathetically – according to the needs of the individual.

Regards,

LS

I agree with what you are saying, however a person cannot be made to undergo further rehabilitation without either his consent, or a court order surely? If Gary Glitter refuses any treatment, and as his case was not in this country, I don't see how he can be compelled to, where does that leave the situation?

Following on from Mungler's point about Gadd being made to sign the sex offenders' register, but in all other respects being a "free" man, there can only be (in this case) monitoring in the loosest possible sense of Gadd's whereabouts and behaviour. I am unsure whether any more stringent restrictions could be applied to Gadd as a condition of his return to the UK. If not, well, perhaps parliament ought to look at this too? We all know that we can leave most of the work to the 'gentlemen' of the press in this particular instance...

In general however, with criminals whose behaviour stems from psychological urges, and who have been punished under the English legal system, I agree with Bob’s insinuation that "rehabilitation" should be imposed upon them if they do not submit to it voluntarily. For those who cannot be satisfactorily rehabilitated, then a more permanent solution (incarceration or, for certain sexual offences, castration) could be considered. The point is that we should try.

He's simply saying (correct me if I'm wrong LS) that the rule of law is paramount. If the law needs changing, so be it, but there can be no place for extra-judicial punishment. But in the end the law is the law, something most people on here (presumably) accept.

That is exactly my point. The rule of law is absolutely paramount. However flawed this country may be in the execution and application of law, order and punishment, this is what we should all strive to uphold. I'm fully aware how sanctimonious :lol: this sounds, but we all deserve legislators, police, judges and gaolers who respect and uphold the rule of law. After all, we pay our taxes... :hmm:

Regards,

LS

My personal feeling is the punishment should fit the crime, I know we don’t, cant, wont, but in such cases I really wish we could, I have no sympathy for the likes of Mr Paul Gadd AKA Gary Glitter he knows its wrong he known’s he has committed sick crimes against young kids and has no remorse quite frankly the world would be a nicer place without him