FAC Recommendations

Supersonic

Hi All

I currently use a sub 12ft/lb AA S410 in .177 and a shotgun on a 315 acre estate near me.

I am currently thinking about going down the FAC route for a number of reasons and would welcome recommendations as to which rifle FAC holders would recommend as the best, and why. I would imagine shot count would be pretty high on the list.

Regards

Nige

I have a 30ft/lb FAC BSA Superten and its fantastic and cheaper than a rapid. It still returns 60-70 shots and of course they haved a buddy bottle so you can carry another couple of bottles if you need them. Great build quality etc etc the list goes on :oops::good::lol: :lol: :P :P

I'd say a Rapid is for you if your a big able bodied bloke like Tony :drinks: (Still available to bring my HMR out with you one night Tone :drinks: ) or you don't hunt on foot for long.

But if you are a bit smaller or older like me then consider an .22 FAC FX Cyclone. It's lighter and has just over 40 shots at the highest power selection of about 27ftlb, with approximately 24ftlb and 18ftlb settings too. It's regulated and seriously predictable and to be honest I doubt many would use a full 40 shots on a hunt session.

Edited by Dave-G

Thanks for all your help guys, looks like a Rapid is next on the shopping list :P :(

FAC application sat on my desk ready to roll :yahoo:

Winchester took less than 3 weeks to do my shottie cert so shouldn't be too long.

Only problem is that I'm banned from the AirgunBBS :hmm: so their sales section is a no go which is a shame :good:

Thanks again guys

Nige

If your getting a FAC why not go for a 22LR or 17HMR, will boost your range and arent expensive :lol: or you might just want to stick with Air Rifle, up to you really mate :hmm:

I am going for FAC air because I only have 315 acres to shoot over and most of the coneys are near a stately home and an old folks home, bordered on one side by a main road, a church on the other and a ramblers route right through the middle! Because alot of it is open and flat i just need another 20yds on the bunnies.

Rule No 1: backdrop

Rule no 2: backdrop

Rule no 3: backdrop :hmm:

I was trained with a 7.62 SLR which could kill four cows in the next county!! :good: Then we got the SA80 which was about as useful as a spud gun!

Ideally I'd like to sit in the porch of the big house with a GPMG but I don't think the FLO would buy that!!

ATB

Nige

• 3 weeks later...