SACS. What do they support in England?

Dave-G

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why close it down?

Another one will start up again in the future.

Im already joined with SGA and going to join SACS.

Not going to join BASC unless something happens and some changes are made in there organisation.

df

so your not actually a member of SACS?

I know I am not a member yet but what dont you understand of Im joining this week?:/

SACS has my vote, they are the future here in Scotland. Or should I join BASC because they got more people working for them and bigger firearms department.

No problem with joining something just because you've heard good things online. But it is slightly bizarre to be actively promoting and encouraging others to join when you have absolutely no personal experience whatsoever of the organisation. :good:

No problem with joining something just because you've heard good things online. But it is slightly bizarre to be actively promoting and encouraging others to join when you have absolutely no personal experience whatsoever of the organisation. :/

my point exactly :good:

I will shortly be announcing the formation of MUNGASA - Mungler's United No Guns Allowed Shooting Association.

DF I trust I can count on your support aboard my (and the latest) shooting related band wagon.

Yes, BASC in their UK wide high and mightiness have ignored my request for a blue BASC car sticker. No doubt they ignored my request whilst scoffing caviar and lighting expensive cigars with crisp fifty pound notes provided by their members.

Notwithstanding that I have previously enjoyed being part of BASC and taken advantage of a day or two at Bisley and a free game keeping course and other membership benefits I can now tell you how intolerably sick to the stomach BASC previously made me feel for a number of years and how I now feel obliged to look after the interests of other shooters and form my own band wagon, I mean shooting association. You must appreciate that this brave move is not motivated by my personal gain, back handers or the receipt of your membership subscriptions which I will turn into my salary but a real desire to help all shooters across the land, provided they live in Essex and down the road in which I live.

I am taking advance membership subscriptions by Western Union Money Transfer.

Yours in MUNGASA

so your promoting and asking people to join SACS and your not even a member?

:good::/ don't, don't, please, my sides are now really hurting !!!!!! :mad::good:

can this get any funnier ? ;)

Edited by LV

DF

Congratulations on your new job in Scotland, I trust that you will settle in quickly. Given that you are based in Scotland I can to some degree understand your wish to support organisations with Scotland's interests as their main remit. Your free to join as many organisations as you wish. You are obviously a staunch SACS supporter, even though you are not quite yet a member.

I've done my own research on SACS and have to say that its not the organisation for me, as I don't feel that it is value for money, and far too centered on one key member of staff, who allows his unaccountable chums to lobby on his members behalf if the whim takes him, and only if someone else isn't doing a good enough job.

SACS may be less costly, but BASC in miniature it certainly isn't.

webber

DF

Congratulations on your new job in Scotland, I trust that you will settle in quickly. Given that you are based in Scotland I can to some degree understand your wish to support organisations with Scotland's interests as their main remit. Your free to join as many organisations as you wish. You are obviously a staunch SACS supporter, even though you are not quite yet a member.

I've done my own research on SACS and have to say that its not the organisation for me, as I don't feel that it is value for money, and far too centered on one key member of staff, who allows his unaccountable chums to lobby on his members behalf if the whim takes him, and only if someone else isn't doing a good enough job.

SACS may be less costly, but BASC in miniature it certainly isn't.

webber

Thanks your your sensible reply webber

As you say people support different organisations very strongly and I respect your support for BASC as you do with me supporting SACS.

SACS may be smaller but I believe it is the future because the anti's are not just gonna stop at shooting they will carry on till all country sports are gone. SACS brings all people from across a range of country sports together and we can fight together against any future laws against it, BASC is just supporting shooting, what if shooting became illegal where would BASC be? If they started out from supporting just wildfowling to the whole range of shooting why cant they support other country sports?

I feel that I am not ready to join BASC yet, as I said before if a few things change I will.

DF,

MUNGASA do all of that but we have unlimited pounds legal expense cover and because MUNGASA is Mungler's United No Guns Allowed Shooting Association, by not having a gun you get a massive discount!

I would add that MUNGASA is at the cutting edge of bandwagonry and as a result I do think you should cancel that SACS subs cheque and sign up and jump on board today.

DF,

MUNGASA do all of that but we have unlimited pounds legal expense cover and because MUNGASA is Mungler's United No Guns Allowed Shooting Association, by not having a gun you get a massive discount!

I would add that MUNGASA is at the cutting edge of bandwagonry and as a result I do think you should cancel that SACS subs cheque and sign up and jump on board today.

How sad :good: