spent cartridges

Psyxologos

Hallo everyone. So one has been shooting for an hour or two and ends up with a few spent cartridges. What next? Do I take them back and recycle them? Do I dispose of them in the house refuge? Do I take them to my RFD? Sorry if this has been discussed, I could not find a relevant answer in my searches.

Thanks!

take them home and bin them don`t leave them on your permission

Thanks. No, i was not going to just leave them on the field (well, I do not even have permission yet, I am just preparing) I just wanted to know what is the best thing to do with them. It is a bit of waste on plastic and brass, there should be some recycling facilities somewhere...

i was wondering the same and after searching on tinternet found the answer .

its ok to put them in your household bin as long as "there is not a commercial quantity".

the site i read this on said personal amounts may vary between councils and said most wouldn,t bother with quantities upto approx 150/200 empties as "commercial quantities" require disposal by a licenced waste desposal company.

load of red tape in my opinion most normal shooters [except clay shooters] wont normally reach large numbers of empties if you put them in the bin weekly. :good:

Yes, why has no-one come up with an environmentally friendly cartridge?

You can now buy bottled water in bottles made of rice that look just like plastic, so I'm sure it could be done.

In the meantime - if your local recycling centre has a skip for metal you could maybe chuck em in there (ask first of course) as they burn off the plastic and other **** on the metals and recycle them, so some of the cartridge at least could be recycled.

SL

Can't you put plastic in the recycling bin?

Depends on the type of plastic. (there are lots)

Also would have to sepearate the head of the cartridge and base wad from the plastic tubing...

See where I'm getting to here?

FM :lol:

I never said it was easy :lol:

Might just stop some pc muppets moaning about shooting for 5 minutes :yes:

Edited by rabbithunter2008

Yes, why has no-one come up with an environmentally friendly cartridge?

You can now buy bottled water in bottles made of rice that look just like plastic, so I'm sure it could be done.

In the meantime - if your local recycling centre has a skip for metal you could maybe chuck em in there (ask first of course) as they burn off the plastic and other **** on the metals and recycle them, so some of the cartridge at least could be recycled.

SL

Up to the early 1960's, all empty shells were of brass and paper (with a thin shim of steel under the brass head for the magnetic bed of the loading machine) and card/fibre wads. Even the base wad was paper. They would 'rot down in about ten weeks'* leaving only the brass head.

* manufacturer's claim with photos.

Edited by Floating Chamber