Live cartridges in bins.

InGen

You are supposed to keep the gun closed, pointing in a safe direction for 30 seconds, then unload the gun, keeping the breech facing away from you.

I only ever had one misfire so far, on Beaters' day this January. Whilst waiting the 30 secs, most of the birds for that drive went over me, and that was the best of the day...

Missfire cartridges are quite common and usually go off second time around, just close the gun and call again. Don't dump them. But if they do go off outside the gun they just "bloop" not nice though if they happen to be in your hand at the time

Edited by Vince Green

Erm are you a Borrower or a bloke called Rico who once ran a show called the Salvager on Discovery?

If not, then stop going through bins and go mad and buy some carts. You will find that they are between £2.50 and £4 for a box of 25.

Where do you get your carts?! I never get to pay less than a fiver a box.

Duncan

well my son has his mate round at the moment and i just clicked on this link to show him as he works at a local clay ground (the same ground our north v south comp is at)when i asked him if he had found any live rounds he said yes lots then in the same sentence said he found a gun on one of the benchs the other week now that is something,

turns out it was a hire gun what kind of a p**t would leave that on a bench and walk off

colin

(in the event of a misfire) You are supposed to keep the gun closed, pointing in a safe direction for 30 seconds, then unload the gun, keeping the breech facing away from you.

...it's not oligatory, but the facial expression is a 'braced grimace' as you re-open the breech

:sly:

i asked him if he had found any live rounds he said yes lots then in the same sentence said he found a gun on one of the benchs the other week now that is something,

turns out it was a hire gun what kind of a p**t would leave that on a bench and walk off

colin

At a range I regularly use it wasn't unusual to find live 9mm rounds laid around the clubhouse and ranges from people doing stoppage drills and not accounting for rounds. One afternoon an RO mate of mine found the range users that day had left a big box of several Glock pistols behind. A phone call was made and the embarrassed gun owners returned to collect them. I won't name the police force responsible for obvious reasons. :lol:

At a range I regularly use it wasn't unusual to find live 9mm rounds laid around the clubhouse and ranges from people doing stoppage drills and not accounting for rounds. One afternoon an RO mate of mine found the range users that day had left a big box of several Glock pistols behind. A phone call was made and the embarrassed gun owners returned to collect them. I won't name the police force responsible for obvious reasons. :lol:

Damn sure i would after all the hoops they make us jump through,Name and SHAME :no: :no: :no: