cheap 4x4

chris921

hi chris i currently have a vauxhall frontera sport 2.0i swb i've had the car for over a year and found it to be excellent off road as long as you have decent tyres on it when i brought the car i only paid £600 for it and it hasn't let me down once! the detachable roof is ideal for lamping and there is more than enough room for all the shooting gear plus ya dog! parts are cheap and easy to get hold of! hope this helps if ya want any more info just ask :drinks:

if you already have a car you will not wanrt a heavy tax bill from a 4x4 too, try an old tax exempt landrover, series 3 are the best

commonkeeper

heavy tax bill is offset by the fact that a modern(ish) disco TDi will do 30mpg....and a series 3 will not. even in our wildest dreams. :drinks:

heavy tax bill is offset by the fact that a modern(ish) disco TDi will do 30mpg....and a series 3 will not. even in our wildest dreams. :drinks:

Aye, but if it's just for occaisional use the fuel consumption shouldn't matter too much.

I'd be worried that you'd spend more time under it trying to fix it than in it on the way to shoot things.

Can you get a 'reliable' series 3 for <£1K, where reliable means spending less than £500/year to keep it on the road?

Can you get any 4x4 for <£1K with the same conditions?

Nial.

Hey mate,

I use a frontera fantastic truck never lets me down through the fields, Even though it spends alot of time parked up at the beach when i'm fishing there isn't too much rust just got to keep it waxed oiled etc. but a truck i would recomend anyway. good luck choosing

I also have a 2l SWB frontera. I bought it off ebay for £450 with 12 months MOT and 2 months tax. I then bought a complete set of mud tyres off ebay for £211. I have now fitted my deben tracer to the roof. With the back roof off ideal for lamping and will go anywhere a landrover will go. Perfect for your needs

20102008168.jpg

Edited by LongRangeSniper