Carrying Gear

reedbradshaw

After a decent, cheap shooting backpack i can comfortably fit a few boxes of cartridges in and some decoys along with all the other stuff for a good, full days shooting.

A lot of my shooting involves walking for miles round the 160 ish acres. I dont have access to a quad and my car just wouldnt go off road! So walking is the only answer!

Ive seen these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200272609043

It seems to fit the bill and even has a hydration system....much the same as the camel packs do.

I would be fitting around 10 shell decoys, 3 to 4 boxes of cartridges (on top of the cartridge belt i would wear)

Any other ideas from what you lot do would be much appreciated.

Reed

Avoid haversacks that are overloaded with belts and buckles, they catch up on everything.

Also beware of getting one real big bag, as they often get almost too heavy to lug about, or are useless when you want to take just a few items.

As you will see, I have had some bad experiences with large haversacks. :welcomeani: