PW members Christmas messages to our lads/lasses

malkiserow

OK here is how it works.....

Our lads and lasses in the British forces are overseas this Christmas serving in some hellish conditions. Whilst your eating your Christms dinner, some are stuck in a hole in the ground at -15C in countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq, being shot at.

Some of those forces are also Pigeon Watch members.

This is a thread for any member of PW to put some kind words for our lads overseas.

Any PW members here who are in contact with a member of the British Forces can cut and paste the messages to their contacts through the normal channels such as ebluey.

Write messages which are general and with no real names or specific destination and remember to add your PW name at the end to the person who cuts&pastes the messages can do it easily!

I guess we have about 2 weeks or so for the thread to grow before the messages need to be sent.

I, for one will be sending what ever encouraging/uplifting/kind messages are on this thread ....

Add your words.......

malkiserow are you a serving soldier ? if so have you done a tour of herrick ? If so you may be able to help me with a question i have ! :hmm:

Hi, No, sorry, I am not a serving soldier at all. I did do a tour of Spanish costal resorts once but that is another story!

Please folks add your Christmas message for them here..........

Is there a time deadline on this ?

Its difficult to think about Christmas on 17th November, well it is for me.

At a guess, and since ebluey's are normally 2 weeks, then I would say 3 weeks .... so the first few days of December is about the dealdine really.

I've just read the BPFO letter I got today ..... states 5th December final day for post - land or ship

EBluey is almost instantanious, its sent electronicaly to a computer in theater, which prints and seals the letter................so no one can read what ever dirt your wife is sending you!!The normal snail mail bluey takes a week or two to reach destination.

The idea is great and please do send the guys out there your best wishes, it can be very lonely even though you are surrounded by people.Telic is not so bad as it was but Herrik on the other hand depending on location can be hellish.

Very very pleased to see someone on here who is not forces picking up on the fact that we need the support of our country to do our job , a big massive gargantous thankyou to you.Well Done.

my neice served as a medic in iraq/afghanistan ,we always sent her a box of goodies at christmas,she is on extended leave ,baby, but i would love to send a box or boxes to another soldier ,ther must be lads or lasses out there who have no family.if we as a family could send something we would any body any ideas.

Thank you to all you individuals all over the world that make up our still great forces. Whether with or without loved ones this Christmas I hope you all know you are missed and will be welcomed home, but take heart in the company you have and the sprit of sharing with those around you at this special time of year.

AndyBaz

Edited by AndyBaz

My heart felt THANKS seems not enough by a long way, i have given up not alot, a few mins to write this, you guys and girls on the other hand give up so much more, even more at this time of year. People are thinking of you not just your family and friends, but strangers people you will never meet. Good Luck & Come home safe.

Rimmy.