P-Magnet set up

ditchman

Does the diameter of the arms if altered make a difference? the videos ive seen seem crazy 2 pigeons about 6ft apart and going round like a centrifuge! there are loads of magnets out there ..different models etc...idealy what is the best set up

Wide arms, light polystrene deeks going slowly...or

Short arms going round like bloody hell

your opinion.........................................

hi ditchman,

my magnet has got 2x4'6" arms and i like them to spin as fast as they can, i take a spare battery with me and swap when one starts to slow up, the pattern and the magnet have both got to be right for the birds to come in properly, i have never seen a 4 bird magnet in operation so cant comment as to their bird pulling abilities, seems like a possible way of manufacturers selling 4 foam coys where 2 would normally do.

mikee

Edited by mikee

I'M WITH CRANFIELD ON THIS ONE. I DO QUITE OFTEN STICK MINE INTO THE GROUND AT AN ANGLE THOUGH AND SHORTEN THE ADJUSTABLE ARMS SO THE BIRD DOES NOT HIT THE FLOOR.

I DO THIS AS THE CROP GETS TALLER AND FROM A DISTANCE IT LOOKS LIKE THE BIRDS FLUFFING UP AND DOWN WITHIN THE CROP AS YOU ONLY SEE ONE BIRD AT A TIME.

My magnet has fixed arm length and they aren't that long. I shot with another PW member and his magnet had extending arms which could extend quite long. In my opinion, the longer arms look more realistic....but I ain't a pigeon, so what do I know :good:

I have used a magnet ever since they came out and wouldnt go out with out one . But the magnet in my opinion is not the be all and end all to pigeon shooting . Some days the magnet can be the best bird scarer in the county and should be brought in as soon as you recognise that the birds are flaring off well before they get into shot . Other days they can be a real aid to pulling the birds into shot . It worth a try to put the magnet out direstly in front of the hide with no decoys at all and shoot the birds as they come in for a look . Never be frightened to move the magnet until you find the ideal postion to have it on the day . Harnser .