Nomination For The Worst Gun Shop In Britain

Blackbart

I went there after going to Ronnie Crowes in January looking for an air rifle for myself and one for my 11yr old son,

Both places gave me the impression that the customer service was dependant on my budget and how quick the cash was gonna come outta my pocket.

At Leech & Son I was sold a gun for my son that came with a scope which the chap in the shop pointed out wasn't right as he fitted it, :no: But he fitted it anyways and sent me off.

After a few days and a couple of hundred pellets trying to zero it I rang the importers SMK who said I should take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement scope which I did.

The response in the shop was 'well what do you expect for £100'? he took the faulty scope off and then tried to give me a scope to take away and got humpy that I asked him to fit it for me, again bemoaning the fact I'd only spent £100 on the gun in the first place.

I reminded him that I'd also spent £250 on my Gamo SFX with scope and that surely a bit of customer service never goes amiss especially when possibly trying to cement a future customer/retailer relationship.

I don't think he got the idea or agreed and I still came away thinking that he thought he was doing me the favour taking my money.

Ronnie Crowes in Gt Baddow was similar/worse, went in, was ignored on entering, looked around for 20 mins, eventually asked about an air rifle for myself, first question was how much did I want to spend, I said I didn't really know as I didnt know what they cost, was told that it wasn't worth bothering if I wasn't gonna spend £500.

When I told him I'd figured on £150 - £200 to start I'm sure I became invisible.

First port of call now is Eastern Sporting :good: :good: helpful beyond the call of duty, enthusiastic.

Edited by TaxiDriver

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Worst and Best Gunshops:

BEST: Northallerton Shooting & Countrywear @ 1 The Fairway Romanby Northallerton North Yorkshire (http://www.nsac.co.uk). Purchased two rifles and ammo from them. Great Friendly Service. Even when I was just asking questions and not ready to buy.

It depends on who you see in there, one of them is a complte cock. All he wants to sell you is a Browning & he's quite happy to bad mouth the local competition.

I went there after going to Ronnie Crowes in January looking for an air rifle for myself and one for my 11yr old son,

Both places gave me the impression that the customer service was dependant on my budget and how quick the cash was gonna come outta my pocket.

At Leech & Son I was sold a gun for my son that came with a scope which the chap in the shop pointed out wasn't right as he fitted it, :no: But he fitted it anyways and sent me off.

After a few days and a couple of hundred pellets trying to zero it I rang the importers SMK who said I should take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement scope which I did.

The response in the shop was 'well what do you expect for £100'? he took the faulty scope off and then tried to give me a scope to take away and got humpy that I asked him to fit it for me, again bemoaning the fact I'd only spent £100 on the gun in the first place.

I reminded him that I'd also spent £250 on my Gamo SFX with scope and that surely a bit of customer service never goes amiss especially when possibly trying to cement a future customer/retailer relationship.

I don't think he got the idea or agreed and I still came away thinking that he thought he was doing me the favour taking my money.

Ronnie Crowes in Gt Baddow was similar/worse, went in, was ignored on entering, looked around for 20 mins, eventually asked about an air rifle for myself, first question was how much did I want to spend, I said I didn't really know as I didnt know what they cost, was told that it wasn't worth bothering if I wasn't gonna spend £500.

When I told him I'd figured on £150 - £200 to start I'm sure I became invisible.

First port of call now is Eastern Sporting :good: :good: helpful beyond the call of duty, enthusiastic.

I have known Dave Poole and Mick Crowe for around 38 years, and my Dad has known Frank and Ronnie since the king died. Personally, I get on with them both, very well. I buy very little from Mike, but when I need a little fishing gear I go to him and buy the odd slab of shells if Dave is shut.

I have no issues with Dave and have taken quite a few new customers with me to buy guns, because between us the man gets a gun to fit, not what I have seen in other shops by letting a person mount a gun with a tee shirt on and say “That fits you well sir!”

I all ways ask about their Dads and they ask about mine, sadly one day that will not be the case...

There are good shops around you just have to find one to suit you...

TEH

• 1 month later...