Who the hell are you?

Jim Sarakun

Having used this site now for a short while, and having, even at my age, an inquiring and and questioning mind, I am curious now, to know who I am actually conversing with. I have watched in admiration, and learnt a great deal from this site from names like harnser, anser2 cranfield catamong mungler to name a few. I love the direct no nonsense approach of the baldricks, the pows henryd highlander and whoever else, your emission is not in disrespect of your contribution, just from the lack of my memory reserves. But who the hell are you?

I have gleaned, though only from between the lines, that FAO's use this site, Cops, of which I know as I shoot with one of them. But do we have Magistrates, MP's, Doctors etc. I'm sure we do, and I am sure these people do not wish to talk work when pursuing their leisure time on this site, or do they? Just talking from my experience as a trained chef, I would gladly offer any one advice about cooking, on this site, as I do love it, the site that is, alright so I still cook a bit too, and being human, and of having found a mutual medium, what's mine is yours. Is yours mine though?

I'm not aiming this at high profile job types, I just thought it would be good to know that if I was talking to a plumber when my drain was blocked and I had just been advised of a £200 fix it job, he could offer an alternative.

If any one from this site, and this site only, would wish to pursue pigeons in my area, then look at my profile, and I will do my best to make it happen. I hope I may learn from you, and you may learn from me, but be assured, a good time we will have. If you miss the perfect shot, then I will be on your case, And if I miss the perfect shot, then I expect the same from you.

Me? I love the countryside and being in it. Question everything as it is usually the thin end of the wedge. Love to be controversial and argumentative as I find it brings out the truth and the best in people. Am no longer a Chef and drive trucks. I try now to work to live, instead of live to work. Well that's me, so who the hell are you?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start you off.

My title is a Senior Computer Analyst Programer, I work at Dixons head office in Hemel Hempstead, and for those who don't know, Dixons group also own Currys, PCWorld, Pixmania to name a few in this country as well as many others in Europe. I have worked at Dixons for the last nine years in IT but two and a half years ago the IT department was outsourced to an Indian company HCL Technology's whom I now work for. I work on the Dixons campus for HCL.

I have been in the sport for a year almost, I'm absolutely hooked hence I'm on this site 24/7. I enjoy DIY and love having a go at making anything especially using wood.

Teacher! Primary school!

I want to take my son out of school, as I feel that teachers have had the ability to teach, taken away from them ie corrective discipline. My son is a bit like me, and questions everything, to the point of securing a **** load of home work and detention too. Consequently, his potential is not being realized, and I feel he has potential, like all fathers probably do. Is there a curriculum I can obtain from somewhere, to teach him, as I do not have a clue where to start...Though feel this is my only option to educate him...

No one has yet taken me up on a pigeon rich foray. Don't be scared as your security is ensured. This offer is only open to PW members, who are insurance covered, can hit more than they miss and will buy me and my buddy a drink after..Ok so if you miss more than you hit, don't worry, it will make me and my mate look good, and I like that...

I want to take my son out of school, as I feel that teachers have had the ability to teach, taken away from them ie corrective discipline. My son is a bit like me, and questions everything, to the point of securing a **** load of home work and detention too. Consequently, his potential is not being realized, and I feel he has potential, like all fathers probably do. Is there a curriculum I can obtain from somewhere, to teach him, as I do not have a clue where to start...Though feel this is my only option to educate him...

What year is he in?

There isn't a curriculum that I know of that is geared towards home teaching. I may ne wrong?

For Literacy and Numeracy have a look at the hamilton trust. It has weekly breakdowns and plans so you could just teach off those.

For foundation subjects like RE, History, Geography etc.. look at the QCA website. All of the plans are free to download.

It'll be quite difficult for you to start with as you really need to know what you child knows and also an idea of previous years learning so that you build upon it. It won't be easier. Has he been screened for anything? Perhaps try a different school? Try finding a school that teaches to a different curriculum?

What year is he in?

There isn't a curriculum that I know of that is geared towards home teaching. I may ne wrong?

For Literacy and Numeracy have a look at the hamilton trust. It has weekly breakdowns and plans so you could just teach off those.

For foundation subjects like RE, History, Geography etc.. look at the QCA website. All of the plans are free to download.

It'll be quite difficult for you to start with as you really need to know what you child knows and also an idea of previous years learning so that you build upon it. It won't be easier. Has he been screened for anything? Perhaps try a different school? Try finding a school that teaches to a different curriculum?

Thank you for your reply, and I will follow your leads. As for what my child knows, well he tells me he knows everything, and should NOT be in school...

freight forwarder

Your mails I have followed with great admiration and you have often given me good cause for a giggle... As you are a spit away from me, should you have the courage to pm me for a venture into the student capital for a go at the birds we have here, I would be delighted to be your chaperon.