Advantage

Jason13

I have returned my Pinewood Advantage for an exchange, as when it arrived it was chipped and scratched, plus the powder coat finish was thinly applied under the motor unit, and you could see the bare metal underneath.

I was also surprised to find it not very well packed in the post, and just loose in the bag and box, and not in bubble wrap.

When i contacted Pinewood to explain that it was damaged, i was told that he could'nt see what was wrong with it, but if i was'nt happy to send it back, which i have.

I am a bit dissapointed to say the least, just hope i get a better replacement and a refund of my return postage.

I have returned my Pinewood Advantage for an exchange, as when it arrived it was chipped and scratched, plus the powder coat finish was thinly applied under the motor unit, and you could see the bare metal underneath.

I was also surprised to find it not very well packed in the post, and just loose in the bag and box, and not in bubble wrap.

When i contacted Pinewood to explain that it was damaged, i was told that he could'nt see what was wrong with it, but if i was'nt happy to send it back, which i have.

I am a bit dissapointed to say the least, just hope i get a better replacement and a refund of my return postage.

Jason,

As a rule I do not buy from them, but saying that, I am sure that was a one off as others on this site do, and more importantly are well satisfied with their service.

LB

Just received back my replacement Advantage with no apology or refund of return postage, but at least is in much better condition (the other one was scratched and chipped and the powder coat was thinly applied under the motor), but when unpacking it i found that the 2 small fiberglass poles that protrude from the cradles where missing.

I instantly phoned Pinewood and spoke to David Westwood, who said that they should be in the bag which i double checked and they was'nt, he then said that he could'nt see what was wrong with the returned Advantage, to which i replied that it was scratched and chipped.

He then asked had i got it to use or to look at, which i replied that i expect it may get scratched when used, but when purchased new that it should be in A1 condition. I also said that you would'nt buy a new shotgun scratched and chipped, to which he replied to my astonishment "I think you'll find you would".

I Can't believe that a company with such a good reputation can have such a poor attitude towards customers, and i for one will not be buying anything from them anymore.

Advantage must refer to the fact that they take advantage of having got your money before sending out substandard goods! :D

Now.... I wonder..... will I send them any of my money at any point in the future?

:lol:??? :yp:

Thanks for the heads up, Jason. :)

I Can't believe that a company with such a good reputation can have such a poor attitude towards customers, and i for one will not be buying anything from them anymore.

This suprises me as I have only ever found their aftersales service to be very good.

As for the magnet I have never had any problems with the coating of it but the battery did pack up and cease to take a charge after 4 months use. This though was not of their manufacture.

FM.

I've never experienced any problems with Pinewood's customer service, but then I have always dealt with a lady.

It seems to be a case of, "take as you find".

If the statement attributed to Mr Westwood is true, he sounds like a nice piece of work and destined to lose Pinewood some business.

I doubt they realise how many people read these Forums.

He then asked had i got it to use or to look at,

You are a very restrained fellow.

Had I received such a comment, after turning purple with rage and hurling all kinds of abuse down the 'phone, I would have got in my car, driven down and inserted said device into chummy's brown eye.

Had I received such a comment, after turning purple with rage and hurling all kinds of abuse down the 'phone, I would have got in my car, driven down and inserted said device into chummy's brown eye.

I think that is a well thought out and reasonable response. :blink:

I think that is a well thought out and reasonable response. :blink:

Well I've mellowed a bit in me old age.....

I think that is a well thought out and reasonable response. ???

Well I've mellowed a bit in me old age.....

mmmmmmmmm Must remember to test you out at sometime :blink: :blink: :blink: