BISLEY 2009

kip270

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick/FM how will you overcome the 'competent shooter' nonsense?

Work in progress, currently the only means is for the BASC to run an event. They have home office approval to allow non 'competent' shooters to shoot at bisley. However it is unclear at this stage of costs etc.... or a range of other complexities.

So who is going to be the Chairman of the ad hoc PW Gun Club and do all the certifications on the day?

I suspose claiming to be Eastern Europeans and simply knocking something up on photoshop, is out of the question? :good:

Allo! Vee arre Klub PyejynWotzkshi no? I'm Leftyski Und dis ez Mungski, Bagski, Lorchaboiski, Eevil Eelyzski et al. Ve lyk Byzlee varry much!

i can be done when i spoke to basc they said they could have someone book it for us and meet us there then run through a basic range safety course should take an hour or so and then we was free to shoot pritty much.....and there wasnt any fees mentioned tho....

nick you have pm with what was said if ya want to bell me pm me and ill give ya my number so i can tell ya in more depth...sparkie

Sparkie

I suspect that this is based more on last years regs, as you need a photo id etc... to shoot now (as i understand it). However we are currently talking to BASC and David Knowles (the guy who is incharge of all things bisley).

Best thing for the time being is to leave it with me and FM, we are doing our best to put together the rifle part of bisley, i dont want to say how likely or not it is untill i have some hard facts. :good:

You do need the card Nick, but luckily there is no photo.

So if it does come off, and I can't make it, someone can be me for the day :good:

Thats confusing as my club and bsrc when we shoot competitions with them insist on them being supported by a photo id as well.

Time will tell :good:

Yes it all seems very random, I have taken the BASC test and got the card to prove it, but it has no photo.

I bet range bookings have taken a massive hit, I might book a target just to enjoy not being surrounded by weirdo's in soldier 95 costumes.

And it all has to be done again next year :good:

What a palaver.

So let's just go along for the weekend and not shoot and get drunk instead, or go to a range that isn't affected by the MOD