TO THOSE THAT WEAR GLASSES

buckfast d

ok maybe not the right place to post this but mods can move if there is a problem

Recently i have started to wear glasses and i have the problem when out shooting with

my glasses steaming up, i was wondering if any of you'se have any good tips on

keeping them free from steam, contacts are out of the question for me.

any help will be really greatfull

Glasses r a pain mine always steam up someone said divers anti mist sprays were good but I've never tried it. A big brined hat helps keeps the rain of a bit face masked up is a disaster but I put a mouth nose slit which helped. And laser eye surgery scares me to death !

I don't have this problem. Mind you my specs were ~£400, which is a lot, to anyone. But I wear them all the time so it's not much of a cost really.

Even my 'cheap' welding/shooting pair don't have issues steaming up. Perhaps you're taking them off and on too much?

washing up liquid can damage the coverings if you have this.

Use lense cleaner and a lint free cloth.

Try some contacts, most opticians will give you a free trial, I wear glasses for work and Contact lenses for shooting/ferreting. Once or twice I have had to wear my glasses for shooting, but always seem to be looking over the frames and can see ****** all.

Maybe I should try some Deidre Barlow glasses.

Cheers

Dave

Make sure if you're wearing a jacket that it isn't zipped all the way to the top with the collar up as this creates a heat funnel from your body and will steam up even the most high tech glasses. If its cold wear a scarf for your neck but again make sure its not on you in such a way to direct your body heat up around your face.

Also are they glass or plastic lenses? As glass lenses steam up 100 times worse than plastic. Other than that try some of the anti-fog stuff but if you have anti-relective coating on your glasses check that the spray doesn't harm it.

Mark

You can get anti-fog liquid from diving shops. I got some from the usa and it works a treat.

For all 100+ somethingish of my dives I have used good 'ol spit! not grog :good: that works a treat

Just lick your finger and rub the lenses to give a good coating, and unlike the shop stuff, belive it or not, its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

go into any motorcycle shop and get a spray bottle of anti fog,this is in a small pump bottle and when i was into bikes we used it all the time in winter and rain/snow,never a problem at all,never steamed up even when breathing directly onto visor.

and only a few quid a bottle and will last a season.

Thanks people some very good tips indeed i think i'll try the wippers idea!!!not should i say i think i'll try the anti fog spray for crash helmets.

for those that said contacts,,i can not wear contacts,, i have tried and i just can't,,

i suffer from bad allergy's and sneeze alot which then in return makes my eyes water to the extent that my contacts basically run out of my eyes, nearly got myself wiped out as i was driving on the motorway and they came out which then meant i was blind :welcomeani: