Got a new gun.

Peter De La Mare

I really should stop visiting gun shops, this is my 3rd change in a year. :good:

Saw it on the rack, it looked all shiney and new and after a quick finger bang I had to have it.

It's a grade 5 Caesae Guerini Maxum with 32" barrels. 33" including the extended chokes.

post-10776-1233052588.jpg

post-10776-1233052597.jpg

post-10776-1233052605.jpg

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Thanks chaps :good:

Mung, I did have a hardon for an F3 Pro but I couldn't quite get over how plain they are. I was orginally hooked by the new gimmicks they have, like the weights under the fore-end, but then my enthusiasm waned as I was waving it around in the shop. I'm a bit of a tart y'see and like a bit of bling, as long as it's not over done. :hmm:

Nice gun Pete, I hope you shoot well with it, most people find that their scores improve a tad when they change guns because they try a bit harder with the new bit of kit.

Remember not to overchoke on most Sporting birds, 1/4 & 1/4 or 3/8 is all you will need for 90% of Sporting targets.

A lot of people seem to be shooting Krieghoff's nowadays, can't think why 'cos they handle like a scaffold pole to me, and they're ridiculously overpriced, I suppose if they get some "bling" from being seen with one, good for them..??

Cat.

Nice gun Pete, I hope you shoot well with it, most people find that their scores improve a tad when they change guns because they try a bit harder with the new bit of kit.

Remember not to overchoke on most Sporting birds, 1/4 & 1/4 or 3/8 is all you will need for 90% of Sporting targets.

A lot of people seem to be shooting Krieghoff's nowadays, can't think why 'cos they handle like a scaffold pole to me, and they're ridiculously overpriced, I suppose if they get some "bling" from being seen with one, good for them..??

Cat.

This is getting to be a habit,

I couldn't agree with you more about that. I really don't see what all the fuss was about.

Cat.

This is getting to be a habit,

I couldn't agree with you more about that. I really don't see what all the fuss was about.

Well slap my thighs and call me Roger!!!

I bought the F3 because it had no bling. Bling won't break clays or hit birds :o

I never implied that it did. I just mentioned that I'm a tart and like shiney beautiful things. :o There's no shame in having a bit of pride in your equipment is there? Else you'd have a Subaru Brat instead of your posh X5.

Very nice. Explains why Neville likes you so much :D

I've always been a shop keepers dream. :hmm::good:

Cat.

Thanks Cat. Looking forward to seeing how I get on with 32" barrels, hoping for an improvement all around. The Guerinis pattern better with Skeet and 1/4 than my Browning ever did with half/half or more. There's a lot of features in this gun that are usually found on higher end guns. Basically, they throw stunning patterns.

Talking about Krieghoff. If I wasn't having my 2009, year+ long, sabbatical from work, I'd probably have walked out of their with a K80 Supersport Pro. The latest model with the high rib is beautiful. I openly brually rape myself in the middle of the gun shop until they're covered up or I'm thrown out. What can I say? I'm a sucker for good marketing. :o :o :o