Beretta 687 silver pigeon SC

chrispti

Hi,

Im going to get myself a new/used o/u shotgun this year for pigeon and a bit of clay shooting

I quite like the look of the 687 silver pig SC, has anyone got a view on them? I would be after a 12g 28 or 30'' barrels ( not sure which yet) multi choke version.

Any comments or views would be appreciated :)

Ta

Chris

You've got to try a few guns out. I know you like the look of the gun but untill you have the gun in your hands you can't make any descisions :lol:

The feel of the gun and how well it fits you is what's important- stock and forend shape, proportions and dimensions :blink:

Go into a shop or clay ground and try a few out and even better shoot with them if possible :hmm:

Then make your choice :good:

Have fun.

Have a go with mine. The only drawback might be that the factory stock has been replaced with a much modified one from a trap gun and extended to 15 1/4", and the extension is glued as well as screwed.

If all else fails at least it`ll give you a general idea of the balance and handling.

Borrow it for a while then replace it with your new one. The missus need never know you`ve spent the money.

I've got the 687 Silver Pig III 28" Game MC and I love it! Fits me like a glove, fast handling and looks great too. I've used it for clays and rough shooting its never been found wanting. I've seen lots of other guns that look or feel great, but I've never regretted buying the Beretta B)

i have one in 20 bore 28 inch fixed choke and i love it does the highest pheasants down to clays pigeons etc dont know about the 12 s but the 20 is as light as a feather and very fast handle ing

I do quite like the miroku 20b also, although I have never fired a 20b, the thought of a light/fast gun for pigeon shooting in a hide has got me thinking, 12 or 20 B)