A days pigeon shooting in Yorkshire

caeser

I'm putting the feelers out for a days pigeon over rape shooting in yorkshire.

I've had a phonecall from a farmer telling me of thousands of pigeon over rape, on several farms.

I'm looking at possibly getting a few lads together and covering a large area.

I'm looking at next tuesday, 17-02-09

Several people on here know me ,so obviously they are all welcome. Any body else, thats responsible and insured too, please contact me.

I can't promise big bags of pigeon, as you're probably all aware, this winter rape shooting is so unpredictable. You might shoot loads, you might sit in a hide all day and not fire a shot.

There could possibly be a bit of walking involved ,to get to the rape fields.

But if you're interested contact me via PM.

If this day doesn't work out, I'll probably looking at another day in the not too distant future.

I could be a possibility for tuesday mate

Hi Keith, I've still got your number in my phone. Don't know if you've still got mine. If we can get a few more then that'll be great.

If there's only a couple more guys ,then we'll probably still go over and have a go at them,and maybe try and arrange another date,soon.

Can't promise this ,but I'll see if a saturday is a possibilty.

I'm on nights at the moment, so if anybody who has got my number wants to ring me, please make it in the afternoon.

Thanks ,Steve

i get days off in the week where are you in yorkshire dan

Hi, I personally live in Bury, but the land that I shoot on is all about 12 miles from York, not too far from Malton.

Something I forgot to mention was that I prefer people to use fibre wad cartridges, for obvious reasons.

Yes steve i still have your number some where mate

when do you want me to phone you mate ? also I have a mixture

of plastic and fibre so are plastic a complete no no ?

thanks mate

atvb

Keith

I'll phone you Sunday afternoon after I've sorted it out with the farmers.

Sorry but plastic wads are a no no. The land I shoot on is really unspoilt, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I shoot well over a thousand woodpigeon every year, you think how much plastic that would have been over the last 10years that I've been shooting there, if I hadn't been using fibre.

Cheers Steve

It's all sorted now. We'll be meeting up at 8.00am at one of the farms. I've contacted everyone thats coming so far, either by pm or phonecall. If I've missed you out, or you've only just found out about this, PM me ,cos there's still room for a couple more. :hmm:

Edited by caeser

Many thanks to Caeser from McF, Mike and myself for an enjoyable day. It was also good to meet a few other PW members, albeit if some of them was at a distance.

McF shot 13, myself had not fired a shot until around 3pm when we moved to McFs spot whilst he had a sleep in the car, sadly the pigeon soon started to roost, so we only got a couple of shots.

WE packed up as previously arranged and headed for the farm yard and met up with caeser,sadly it seems that some of the others lost track of time, and didn't make the rendezvous.

It would seem that the Lancs Lad curse has now also travelled North as there were many pigeon in the area, there were none on our bit, not today.

Caeser made a brilliant offer to PW members, it's a great pity that more were not able to take it up.

I hope that we may do it again, I have plans!

webber

I,d like to echo Webber in thanking caeser for a really enjoyable outing. Like webber said a fare few pigeons about but not a lot coming into the deeks. Only five came in, another half a dozen where taken as they went overhead.

Apologies for not meeting up after as arranged, but had to get away a bit earlier, as had to get back to take the daughter to rugy trainin.

Big :lol: caeser