Fifty-Nine Years Ago Today !

V8mondo

I know lots of innocent people died,but back then saturation bombing was normal procedure.Churchill along with all other leaders believed that if you crush a nations soul by obliverating them-you will have beaten them.Also,accurate bombing wasnt at all possible and air crews sometimes strayed into wrong countries!

Still sad though that so many people lost their lives because of one ruthless dictator.

I remember my teacher harking on about Dresden and it's bombing ( I was educated in Germany), and I ( at the tender age of 11 or 12, can't remember!) asked him "But, didn't we start the war???" He looked at me with scary eyes, but DID shut up after !

Let me just say, and believe I know what I am talking about as I was born german, they never ever learn from history ........... But then again, reading a few threads in here, NEITHER DO YOU LOT hahahahaha :ernyha::ernyha::drinks::drinks::lol::lol::ernyha::whistling::whistling::D

500,000! Yeah right.

That website is crawling with stupid conspiracy articles. I wouldn't take anything I read on there entirely seriously. Dresden was a bad thing, but I reject claims that it was the same as the Holocaust or the massacres against any other ethnic groups by Hitler.

as far as i can see "you reap what you sow" the germans and the muslim armies and all terrorists are no different, they all started these conflicts by bombing and attacking major countries and cities knowing what may return, the germans leveled a lot of european major cities and so called jihad armies attacked the west, when the west retaliates and levels a few of their cities all we hear is moaning, let them see what we saw, let them have it, if you attack another country dont whine when you get some back, ive got no sympathy for them and no respect, "if you want to start a war be big enough to finish it"

mikee

no ive never been in a war thousand of people died so i didnt have to be, but as far as i can see those who start one should be able to finish one without winging about the consequences or not bother to start one, the dutch, french, belgian or polish didnt go rampaging through germany, they were on the receiving end of the axis armies attacks, yes it was unfortunate for the civillians in dresden who get wiped out, but it was equally sad for my grandparents in croydon who got blown up, tell them its pointless and infantile, as i said before " you reap what you sow"

mikee