any help would be appreciated

Commander_Gringo

i wonder if you guys could help me? i have bought a AYA matador mark 2. i dont know anything about these, not sure if the price is right? SBS, 12 bore, single trigger ejector, beaver tail fore end, and raised rib in between the barrels(cant remember what is called), very clean metal, wood in good condition, hardly been shot at all, tight box. aparently its quite rare with all these extras on, whats it worth? any comments or help would really be appreciated.

Edited by Commander_Gringo

Hi Guys,

It's a 3 inch Magnum Wildfowling gun. AYA Marketed these to UK Fowlers in the 60s and 70s, lots sold. It's a robust and well made Fowling piece, if a little heavy and awkward to handle!

Value? £200-£300?

Regards :good:

I'm with that one...... I had a matador in 12 and 10g..... They were indeed a fine wildfowling piece in their day.

I paid 250 for mine years ago.

The 3" chamber is not a lot of good these days for wildfowling either as they are not suitable for 3" steel cartridges- about the most they will handle is 3" bismuth or lead (obviously).

Regards

Edited by starlight32

The thing is, don't you think they made a "Booby" by making it an ejector? I mean most Wildfowlers reload or they used to anyway, so whats the point of having your cases thrown into the gelatinous mud of an estuary? :yes:

Good point, the auto's they use now would be flinging them miles. On the clays you gotta watch out for the boiling hot carts flying about. :good:

Nice gun, me likey

L

Edited by lukecarpenter123

Thanks guys for all your help. as i thought, i bought this on impulse without any knowlege of AYA...and paid too much,i paid £625 (i blame my girlfriend for being so ok with my massive gun obsession)!!! a handsome gun indeed and i was told quite rare in such good condition and with the few extras, however i have since returned it to the dealer and exchanged it for a new lanber delux. the right choice thanks to you guys thanks again for your help!

happy hunting!