ryanair

sapper063

Seems to be quite a few flights being cancelled at the moment, my business partner luckily managed to get back from Poland this week but the rest of the plane load were left stranded and told they'd have to either wait a week to get the next available seats or have their £18 refunded and find their own way home. Think I'd rather spend the extra and make sure the flight goes both ways!

i flew with ryan air to latvia in january, as we were coming into land in riga i thought the pilot had had a seizure he was flying so badly, he could hardly keep the plane level as we were landing.

i never get worried about flying but on the way home i was crapping myself for 3 hours... :lol:

PLUS its their company policy not to carry firearms at all :good:

they are until you add on the extras, even the debit card fees are up to £4.50 per passenger each way, cheap flights just never seem to work out any where near the price that gets the headline attention with Ryan air

Just looked at a £2.99 flight with taxes and fees it went to £25 then another £4.50 on top to pay for it. Still cheap but I'd almost prefer to see the price up front

Edited by al4x

Ryanair are the biggest bunch of conniving thieves I've come across. :good:

Last year we had a stag do to Barcelona, trip out fine no problems. trip back, the plane went "Technical" , (something I've picked up from the new job), whilst coming in to land in Spain, so the flight was cancelled.

Long story short, no communication from them, no compensation for the hotel, no way of speaking to somebody direct on a phone, everything has to be done by post and in the end it's like banging your head against a brick wall, which is why they win all the time.

Never again .

P.

ive been using them for the last 2 years thats 8 times and touch wood never had a problem but then again i always take good insurance out

Same here - I compare EasyJet and RyanAir on the same routes, fly with whoever is the cheaper, and so far no probs with either for the past 5 years or so

Having completed my ailine flight training last year (and still not secured a flying job (or any job come to mention it)) I have learned a huge amount about Ryanair.

A huge majority of their pilots are employed on a contrat through a company called Brookfield Aviation. A large number of which are guys like me whom have paid a huge amount for flight training. They have then had to pay anything from about £30000 upward to qualify to fly 737-800's that RYN opperate. Although low hours to begin with these guys have probably more hands on the controls time than any other UK operator! compared to auto time. If the autopilot goes down they are expected to fly it manually, which is no mean feat! in the cruise you can be 10-15 knots either side of two types of stall, one if you slow down and one if you speed up! AND these guys are still flying by hand, remember than next time ur supping on ur overpriced RYN beer!

The crew unlike other airlines are not provided with food as part of cost reduction to customers, so i can understand the Capt asking for change! Crazy!!!!

The pilots there are on a knife edge between working and the sack with a partcularly volatile industry...AND BOSS, esp being contract staff.

Having said all of that there is so much the company does that gets peoples backs up......erm charging to check in if you dont do it online before you arrive?

You be the judge, but the Crews are really working their socks off (mind you the pay isnt too shabby)!