Working Ferrets

new to the flock

• 4 months later...

Has not the season started there? Lets see some ferrets working the holes.

Okay here goes a question for all you ferreters. If a complete novice was thinking of starting ferrets how would you go about introducing and training the little beasties to enter and bust rabbits?

We have no Ferreting over here, it is illegel, so just how do you train?

feretting is usually carried out in the months with a r in.but due to the warmer winters i work my ferrets between october and february depending on the weather and how many young are about. if there are a lot of young about you spend more time digging because the ferret kills down the holes.as for training your ferrets they shouldnt need any training their natural instict is to hunt.but it does help keeping the ferrets fit if you have pipes and ladders in your ferret pen/court

Has not the season started there? Lets see some ferrets working the holes.

Okay here goes a question for all you ferreters. If a complete novice was thinking of starting ferrets how would you go about introducing and training the little beasties to enter and bust rabbits?

We have no Ferreting over here, it is illegel, so just how do you train?

Quite amusing realy NTTF ,I worked ferrets back home for years with 2 buddys of mine , so when i moved here in 93 it struck me as odd seeing a couple of girls walking their pet ferrets "with pretty pink leads" down the road :unsure:, i had no idea it was ilegal to hunt with them here .

my old polecats name was "Gumption" killed 99% of all known WABBITS :yp:

Martin

First off we do not have the rabbit populations that you folks have, and second what I was told by the Ministry when I was enquiring about this is "it was banned because it was too damn effective

My Father can remember goning ferretting when he was a young lad, but they didn't have the laws and regulations back then. Ern and him probably both saw the same dinasaurs..... :unsure: :yp: :D

My Father can remember goning ferretting  when he was a young lad, but they didn't have the laws and regulations back then. Ern and him probably both saw the same dinasors..... :unsure:  :yp:  :D

:lol: Shot my first Brontosaurus with my catapault when I was seven. :P