CIDER

IAN88

It's not cloudy but also from Westons is thier Export - very Drinkable as are most "midland" craft ciders :o :o

Thatchers from Brisol way is also good.

Not so keen on the Somerset brews - think it is the Dabernet apple flavour.

A good one if you are in the position where you have to drive Westons LA is drinkable ( a bit like med dry Stowford Press) but only 1% - at last a dirnkable low alc dring when one is needed :o :P

:hmm: :o

D

If you happen to be going past a farm that makes it's own cider you can usualy buy it by the gallon :o well if you then open said gallon and for some reason don't finish it that day it can turn into vinegar, a bit like wine, so like wine, the trick is to stop air getting to what youv'e left in the container. the best way to do this is to transfer or if you want to be snobby (pun intended, see other threads) decant the cider into a smaller container.

But don't put it in plastic :o I find the best ones are the glass jars that the Old Rosie come in, carry a couple around and get them filled :hmm:

Despite 'bow and other commercial types being full of chemicals that also goes off pretty quick.

Have you ever had a go at making cider from a kit? I made some last summer, house smelt unreal whilst it was fermenting. Think I got high on the fumes alone!

Great fun making it though and Bottled it up in old newcastle brown bottles and currently maturing. Had a few bottles and its not bad and Im still here!

Have you ever had a go at making cider from a kit? I made some last summer, house smelt unreal whilst it was fermenting. Think I got high on the fumes alone!

Great fun making it though and Bottled it up in old newcastle brown bottles and currently maturing. Had a few bottles and its not bad and Im still here!

have looked into this will probadly try it eventually it was called TURBO CIDER google it all the info is there :oops:

for the Welsh cider drinkers or any one else in the area try the Welsh Perry and Cider Festival 23 to 25th of May at the Clytha Arms near Abergavenny

or Gwynt y Ddraig (dragons breath I think) open days 25th to 26th April Llest Farm, Llantwit Fardre, ;):hmm: :blink: :oops:;):oops: iechyd da

If you are ever down this way (Cornwall) go here for some very nice cider, they also have an online shop, but only for part of there range. Try the Pear Rattler its very nice :oops:

I will check it out next time I am there ! Have you tried the small place near Looe, called "Pigs and Pickles" ? It looked to be a small holding and had 3 or 4 home made cider styles, just bring your own bottle/demijohn !!

BTW - it is on the road between Trerulefoot and Looe.

Have you tried the small place near Looe, called "Pigs and Pickles" ? It looked to be a small holding and had 3 or 4 home made cider styles, just bring your own bottle/demijohn !!

I have to go over that way nextweek, i will see if i can find this place then report back.

Thanks for the info.

Rimmy

I've been brewing my own cider - Turbo type - for the past few months. Piece of cake and with the addition of a grated apple or cinnamon stick during the fermentation process a decent pint can be made. Medium dry with a good carbonation to it depending on how much sugar or juice you prime the bottles with. I'm currently brewing my 5th batch and it's for winners. The price tag of 35p a pint helps too!