I spent 2 hours on my blow job

rb5037

I said a while back that after posting the video of the mojo decoy i would have a go and make one myself.

Well, i've done it, just need to paint the wings.

I'm calling this "The Blowjo" :)

I cut a flap out the top of the decoy for the gearbox and then stuck carbon fibre rods into the gearbox through the side

of the pigeon. The wings (yet to be painted) are two bits of sheet plastic i got from the model shop sandwiching the carbon fibre rods.

This was the motor and gearbox

motor.jpg

And the almost finished blowjo.

Blowjo2.jpgBlowjo.jpg

And i've also got it wired to a remote so i can turn it on and off from the hide without any wires and it will save on battery life. :) :)

Remote.jpg

Edited: Better add the "mojo" video for those that didn't see it Left click

The remote is something we use at work, it's a remote control for gas fires (can't remember the price they cost, not cheap cheap). That then answers my next answer off turk 101. Not into model building as a hobby or work, just got on with it. I'm in the Fireplace trade so the only bonus is that i've got a hands on trade and i have most of the tools.

The motor cost £7 ish with the gearbox, this was from a model shop. I don't expect the motor to last for ever, i just got a few componants that looked ok without going into to much spec that would make the Mk1. I can upgrade if need be if i goto make another.

P.s. I wired up the remote last night and it didn't seem to work :)

It normaly controls a motorised gas valve so i'm not sure why it didn't work. The remote works off of ultrasonics not inferred (sp?). It's working off a sound wave not a light signal, good for the field as you don't need to point the remote at the bird. That's if i can get it working :)

Adam

this was from a model shop. I don't expect the motor to last for ever

dont be so sure, that looks to me like a 540 style motor, similar to the types that come with RC cars out of the box, know i like to think i know a thing or two about rc cars, spent close to £1000 on my deacent racing car, and ive had one of those motors running in a moster truck in the dirt, for the better part of 5 years, and trust me its got worse use than it will on your decoy, and its still going

looks good mate, keep us posted

:):):) Hi there rb5037 /.. Congratulations great minds think alike. I have just designed a similar deek myself along a similar principle.

I inserted an aluminium tubing across the width of the decoy then passed a wire through it and attached two wings at the ends of the wire ,with the ends turn up ,similar to a kiddies windmill . The principle of this was for the wind to blow against the wings causing them to rotate.

The result of this action being that the pigeon would come screaming into the deeks!

That was the theory but it took a strong wind to rotate the wings and further work needs to be done to perfect it.

Seeing your BLOWJO has given me new ideas how to improve project 1.

Us pigoen shooters are an inventive lot forever trying new ideas.

Best of luck with MARK 2.

:):lol::/???

• 2 weeks later...
If that don't frighten them off nothing will  :lol:  :lol:  :sly:  :shoot:  :shoot:  :shoot:

It's "doesn't" NOT "don't" :D :D :lol:

Suxxex lad

Not yet, not really had the chance to do pigeon, been on the crows when i've had the chance to get out.

Good old "plexer" (PW member) is making me a random relay, should get it this weekend :D

I'll give you guys reports when i've tried it out. Fingers crossed.

Never know, could be a super dooper pigeon magnet :*)

Adam

If that don't frighten them off nothing will  :lol:  :sly:  :shoot:  :shoot:  :shoot:  :lol:

It's "doesn't" NOT "don't" :D :D :D

Suxxex lad

Not yet, not really had the chance to do pigeon, been on the crows when i've had the chance to get out.

Good old "plexer" (PW member) is making me a random relay, should get it this weekend :D

I'll give you guys reports when i've tried it out. Fingers crossed.

Never know, could be a super dooper pigeon magnet :*)

Adam

That's an unfair advantage cos (sorry meant to say "because") you'll be a shootin at em on the ground while they be rollin about holdin there soids larfin. :D:D:lol: