Which 22lr

sid the sniper

get a cz they just get on and do the job[it does what it says on the tin],nothing fancy ,no bull,just aim shoot ,hit the target.dont pass up on a cz because they dont have the price tag or advertising status[see a relationship] :oops: of some of the other brands.get a cz :oops::hmm: :blink:

why are you going for a 22lr when the .17HMR will do the job out to 150 yards, why restrict yourself? very soon all those bunnies that were shootable at 100yds will be gone, and all that will be left are those wily ones that scurry off as soon as they see you.

i say go for a 22lr ruger 10/22 and a CZ452 .17HMR VARMINT got them both they are good weapons .... the Ruger is a great semi auto for the target rich environment where you can have lots of shots without too much or little noise.good for lamping at night too.... small and compact quiet and lite. ammo 4 quid for 50

the .17Hmr when you need to kick *** at 200 yards when there is no cover and they spook easy sniper style,, accurate pin driver at 50 yards and dispatches the bunny clean and quick 10 quid for 50 :oops::hmm: with this you hear the round break the sound barrier ..... pull the trigger you hear a thud ..... you see the bunny keel over ..... then you hear the super sonic crack ...... AWSOME and flat trajectory upto 120 -- 140 yards :blink: also buy a scope with balistic turrets and you can adjust fire and it has been known that this little round has taken bunnies out at 300 yards plus it was made for vermin shooting :oops:;) all the best matey

Edited by funky

the choice of .22 was because i could use it in wind, i was considering a 17hmr but also wanting a shotgun so i didnt think i could have 3 guns first time.

Also the 17 ammo seems a bit much and i you shoot a rabbit fr the pot with it youve gotta eat the fragments of bullet.

But which calliber am i most likely to get if i apply and what reason should i give? :yes: :blink: :rolleyes::yes::oops::D:sly::good:

why don`t you think you can have 3 guns?? is it because of money? don`t forget shotgun will be on a shotgun cert, rifles on a firearms cert.

As for .17hmr bullet fragments, don`t worry, with a .17hmr you will be head shotting, unless you are eating the head?

If you show good reason you will get both, i asked for both and got them plus the mods plus 3 other calibers on an initial.

For reasons you want the .17hmr for longer range vermin control and the .22lr is for night shooting/lamping.

Personally i didn`t give a reason, i just put "vermin control". nobody said anything to me and it got granted.

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

i have a cz 452 american with a nikon prostaff 3X9X40mm and also a ruger 10/22 with the exact same scope. the ruger is fun for plinking and is a very good rifle, but i greatly prefer the cz 452. it feels closer to a full size hunting rifle and the trigger pull and accuracy is for me considerably better. for bunnys you could not have a better .22lr.

i recently obtained a .17 hmr sako quad which is amazingly accurate. it delivers almost same hole clover leaf groups @ 100 yds. using hornady ammo.

i like all three rimfires, but if i could only have one in my safe, it would be the .22lr cz.

p.s. for me the ruger is too light and feels whippy when you shoulder it. the trigger pull is not very good. the cz when shouldered feels to me much more steady and the trigger pull is one hell of alot better. having said all that--- the ruger is a fun, dependable and reasonablely accurate little rifle.

Edited by deadeye