Yank Navy 2 - Somali piarates 0

death from below

Hardly a bunch of innocent blokes on their way home from work though? I don't recall them sailing away with their hands in their pockets either.

No real 'point' to miss.

the G20 guy wasn't innocent though or just trying to go home he was ****** and being an ****.

Good on the yanks for finally doing something as for reprisals well they've tried the softly softly approach for quite a while and its not worked, if they think there is a serious risk to their lives it will seem like less of a good business opportunity this pirating malarky.

As the attacks keep happening, i.e one a month and in some cases more frequently.

Why the **** are the shipping agencies not employing private security/mercinaries that can do the buisness on the pirates, chuck em over and sweep the whole thing away. HAvn't they realised the threat... why are they not acting on the problem?!?!?!?!?!?!

As the attacks keep happening, i.e one a month and in some cases more frequently.

Why the **** are the shipping agencies not employing private security/mercinaries that can do the buisness on the pirates, chuck em over and sweep the whole thing away. HAvn't they realised the threat... why are they not acting on the problem?!?!?!?!?!?!

They cant, thats why they don`t even have firearms on board, it`s creates to much trouble when they go to dock in foreign countries.

Just think of it like this, Would you like it if ships from Somali and other African and middle east countries come to dock here, with private security forces and armed guards, no you wont like it, it`s to much of a security problem.

The only way is, is for the international countries to send their ships there, and operate on a "search and destroy " mission.

Would you like it if ships from Somali and other African and middle east countries come ' and start destroying english boats, guilty of piracy or not?

That is what a liberal will say.

If the "English boats" like you say was guilty of piracy then it would be for the benefit of the English to get rid of the piracy, Does not matter how.

Piracy in Somali is not just a type of crime, it`s not a Somali matter, it`s a international matter, some of these crimes are made outside of Somali waters, If you destroy Somali that not even bacteria can survive in Somali for a thousand years, that don`t mean they will stop, they will just use another Country as a base.

We can argue till we blue, but the fact is "Diplomacy don`t work" at least not in third world Africa. And i think you sir are intelligent enough to know what option is left.

Yes and the silly **** are at it again today firing automatic weapons and a rocket launcher at another US ship today :good:

Personally I think it's not before time someone took this matter seriously and dealt with it in the only manner these pirates will appreciate.

Personally I think all boats in that particular area should be stopped and searched like the fishing vessels in Australian waters. If the boats are found to have weapons then seize the weapons and scupper the ships and arrest the people on board.

Of course ideally if a fire fight were to transpire then just sink the suspect vessel and leave the occupants a shark bait :good:

so what should the navy do to deal with the french pirates

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7999400.stm

and what if it was british boats ?

Hardly piracy is it,

Good on the french for standing up to being sold down the river. Maybe the english boats should blockade Dover.

As for the somali pirates I am afraid they deserve all that is coming.