Clay shooting addiction

paulos

Well, the four-day Easter weekend is almost over and I haven't been shooting once. This really shouldn't be an issue - but I am absolutely climbing the walls!! I just know that I am going to be grumpy for the rest of the week :)

This feeling must be similar to that of a heroine addict going cold turkey. Is anybody else the same after abstaining from shooting or is it just me that needs to get a life?? :D

I went on Saturday, and I wanted to shoot a competition at Catton Hall today. Didn't get myself organised, sat around umming and arrghing and finally decided it was too late to go. Major sulk :good:

I'm not supposed to be shooting again now until the Essex Masters on Saturday, but I'm going to have to have another session before then. Wednesday perhaps :drool:

I couldn't imagine not going every week, I'd go barmy :hmm:

Edited by Chard

I don't do the clays, just the live birds and have also had the four days off, spent with my kids, family and all that stuff. What a fantastic and memorable time I had too. Just been made redundant as well, before Easter, but don't really give a stuff, as fortunately I have a few squid in the bank to spunk away on another 1000 cartridges and some petrol, to satisfy my addiction on the fabulous shoot I have, that I really appreciate in times like this.

Not bragging, that's just the way it is and I shall certainly be out tomorrow. Wednesday though, I think I will compose a letter to Gordon, to ask him if he can bail me out like he did the banks and with my money too. Or ask if he can help out the company I worked for even, which is cutting back because of his bad management of this once proud countries finances.

I'm not political but can't help thinking that this government has done the worst for this country than any other party before it. Do join me now, in a toast to the long overdue revolution....Cheers...

Argh, I share the feeling. Not been in nearly 2 weeks as I bumped my car and need to pay the excess... I'm dying to get back practicing. That said, I'm finding playing Athens 2004: Olympic Skeet on the Playstation 2 helps! (Although it annoys me they shoot gun up and the rules are wrong!)

I feel your pain! Haven't been shooting for a couple of weeks and can't wait to get Winnie out for a bash. If I'm not shooting I'm thinking about shooting, going over in my head why I missed shots, thinking about when I can next get out, or practicing strengthening exercises, or failing that, looking for shooting games on my computer. Yes I am obsessed and addicted!

Rhiannon

Totally addicted - went Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and was planning to go Monday but had to pull out last minute and that made me grumpy. Hoping to go tomorrow again. Have to shoot at least once a weekend or won't make it through the following week. HELP NEEDED :good::drool:

Totally addicted - went Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and was planning to go Monday but had to pull out last minute and that made me grumpy. Hoping to go tomorrow again. Have to shoot at least once a weekend or won't make it through the following week. HELP NEEDED :good::drool:

I was just waiting for you to post Bigweed.... :hmm::hmm: .....

Athens 2004! Now there is a game I haven't played in ages!!!! I lost count of the amount drunken repetitive strain injuries that were incurred at Uni thanks to that :good:

Are you sending a Uni team up for the shoot at Hull at the end of the month Raistrick?

I wasn't planning on doing cos I've not received any details about it through AU/facebook/anywhere. When is it? Probably a little late to get support for it now, but I'll certainly email everyone and see what I can do.

i too hate having to pull out at the last minute, and i like to shoot daily :hmm::hmm::D

I feel your pain! Haven't been shooting for a couple of weeks and can't wait to get Winnie out for a bash. If I'm not shooting I'm thinking about shooting, going over in my head why I missed shots, thinking about when I can next get out, or practicing strengthening exercises, or failing that, looking for shooting games on my computer. Yes I am obsessed and addicted!

Rhiannon

Who's WINNIE ? ... Dont tell me you have named your gun HAHA :good: .

I do suffer from the itchy trigger finger too .. And its starting to twitch again..

Another visit to worsley is needed methinks :angry: .